“Nice place for the money!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Stayed here on a Friday night while in town for "Pony Wars". Nice hotel, friendly staff, very big and clean rooms! Bartender was a little slow especially when it got busy but was very friendly and poured a good drink!!
Very nice Southern Hospitality!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the backside of the hotel if possible away from street traffic, of course ours was...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff C
Arlis53, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

We appreciate your comments about our hotel. Built in 2007 this hotel is very beautiful but a real value for our guest. The new Holiday Inns are wonderful providing outrageous customer service with our “Stay Real – Stay You” service culture for all. The rooms are extra large and the focus is all about you and your comfort. Thanks again and come see us soon.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed one night while on our way to Florida. The hotel was great. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, everyone from the front desk to the wait staff at the onsite restaurant. Our room was spotless as was the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AJADisney

Seems like I'm always bragging about my employees but for good reason... they work so have to earn remarks just like yours. Thank you so much for recognition their hard work and for taking the time to write about them and their friendliness. Come see us again super soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

When traveling, I look for two features in a hotel: 1) cleanliness and 2( convenient location. I like the Holiday Inn chain of hotels as they are dependably clean. The last thing I want is to be brining home any surprise guests in my luggage. This hotel did not disappoint. The room was fresh and clean. The bedding was cmforatble and provided a geat night's sleep.
It is very close to the freeway with easy on and off and had a huge parking area. It was also close to gas stations, convenience stores and eating options.
A very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jimgev

We appreciate you taking the time to write about us. The employees thrive off of these comments almost as if they are in a competition to beat all other hotels providing the best service. We are very conveniently located to the interstate, historic downtown Valdosta, VSU, shopping of all types and best of all Wild Adventures. Come see us again soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I was really impressed with this hotel! From the clean rooms to the wonderful saff, you can not go wrong staying here.

I had a king bed room and I could not belived how big the room was. Very spacious with plenty of room to relax. The room I had came with a desk, love seat, king size bed, dresser, and a 37 inch flat screen TV with plenty of channels to choose. There was also a small area with the microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and cabnet space. The bathroom only had a walk in shower (but that was fine by me because it was bigger than a bathtub and shower), and plenty of sink space. The room and bathroom was always cleaned very well by the staff.

The hotel itself is located just off of interstate 75. There are a few places to eat within walking distance such as IHOP, Waffle House and Bojangles. Other places to ear such as Outback, Chilis, and Texas Roadhouse is just a 5 minute drive away. This hotel does have a restaurant and bar which seemed to always have customers. There is a very large patio area behind the hotel with a outdoor pool and hot tub which was all kept real clean.

You can't get much better than this hotel. Good location, friendly staff, and clean all around.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank G-Man09

Thank you for your comments about our hotel and service. I feel like I have the best employees in the business that work in a really nice hotel. You know how it goes… happy employees give the best service. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed on may 2 2012 room did not get serviced and we left a bag in the room after sevetal attempts to talk to a manager they said they were always busy we are now calling the managing partners lry u know the results.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Bundrick

I apologize for the service you received with the handling of your bag. It is our intention and promise to deliver the best possible service to every guest so therefore we apologize for the delay. There was some delay in finding your bag but it was sent as soon as it was uncovered. Please use us again so we can demonstrate the way we truly deliver customer satisfaction.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

This is one of the better Holiday Inn locations out there and it shows. No moldy rooms, no dirty elevators, no trash in the hallways and the list goes on and on. I'm not sure how many housekeepers work here, but they do a very good job. My stay was very quiet as well, even with a busload of students taking over the place one weekend night. This one is built the way they should be with heavier doors and walls that don't transmit sounds. I was on the side opposite the railroad tracks and train whistle noise was not heard once. For those complaining about trains on the back side, the road crossing just southwest of the hotel is where it comes from and it's mandatory to blow the whistle there when trains pass through between Talahassee and Waycross.

All of my co-workers echoed pretty much the same positive sentiments as I did about this place. About the only thing I can find at fault is the lack of blinds in the fitness center. Take along sunglasses if you plan a workout before 9am. The equipment in there is ok....the treadmill runs way faster than any I've seen and one person was thrown off of it due to its speed. "Exercise caution" I suppose would be the phrase to use while going for a walk or run.

Waffle House, Pizza Hut and Bojangles are within walking distance from the hotel. Lots of television channels to choose from as well on the flat screen TV. I had a suite room and it was great. Full size couch and coffee table, plenty of bathroom counter space, fridge & microwave etc. Not sure if all the rooms are set up this way, but the suite rooms do not have bathtubs...only showers. Worked for me though!

The pool area is nice and the 90+ degree temps kept it busy. The patio area behind the hotel is huge and has several areas to escape the sunshine to cool off a bit. A few mockingbirds have nests nearby so it was nice to be serenaded by their calls virtually all day long.

Great staff, very clean and comfortable with a capital C are the best ways to describe it here.

Room Tip: If you're worried about trains during the night, select a room on the front side
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pinlifter

Thank you for your thorough and wonderful review of our hotel and service. Don't think I could have said it any better so the comments are very much appreciated. Certainly we hope to see you and all of your friends again soon. Summer is here and time to travel.

Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Lauren & Andrea were two of the friendliest & helpful hotel representatives I seen in months. Hotel is very clean & stylish.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Jcrusse2
Arlis53, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Yes I agree with you... Lauren & Andrea are two little super stars and we are very lucky to have them. I say it all the time but our guests say it best... this is one of the best group of young bright people to ever work in a hotel. Thank you very much for taking the time to write about them. Have a wonderful summer and come stay with us again in the very near future.