“Not in my list of places to return to.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The Garden Villas

The Garden Villas
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Ok
“Not in my list of places to return to.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2008

The room was a non-smoking suite upstairs and the receptionist was nice but he (andrew) never offered to have anyone help us with our bags. The room was a nice size with a King size bed, full size refrigerator, stovetop, coffee pot, sink and some dishes, however we had to ask for fresh towels each day, along with replacement coffee packets, and we never once after a week long stay had anyone come to clean the room, take out the trash, make the bed. We actually went down at the end of the second day to request it be cleaned and were told they would get it the next day...needless to say by the end of the next day it hadn't happened.
At this point we didn't want to pack it in and leave, we had already bought a few groceries, and just decided to get fresh towels each day ourselves. It was also difficult parking, and a lot of people hanging around in the parking lot late at night. Overall, I would probably not stay here again.

• Liked — Size of the room
  • Disliked — The fact that we never anyone come clean or replenish towels, etc.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2007

This all depends on which side of the motel you stay in. The front looks great however the back rooms are horriable besides the fact that the personal doesn't even bother to check what is happening in the back rooms unless there is a complain. There are bugs and the beds are falling apart. The pictures you see in the internet are only the selected rooms in the front.

The rooms are not cheap yet there is no housekeeping or keeping up of the rooms. Don't get fooled by the pictures you see that is only the front.

Stayed October 2007
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2006

I stayed at The Garden Villas for approximately two months in 2006 while in Valdosta for business. The rooms were excellent with a nice kitchenette and lovely hardwood floors. The rates were also quite low for an establishment of this caliber. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful so whenever a problem did arise it was rectified immediately. My experience with The Garden Villas and her staff made me wish that my work had kept in Valdosta longer.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2006

I stayed in the Premium Suite and was pleasantly surprised with the accomodations. The bed and room was very clean and comfortable. It's an extended stay hotel so there is a kitchen that supplies everything you'd need to cook. The room was immaculate, and much larger than your regular hotel room. Service was good, atmosphere was good, and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Savannah Area, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2006

Wow... I'm finding it hard to believe we stayed in the same hotel. The Garden Villas was a surprise alright, but not a pleasant one. I was there for 1 night in late April 2006. This is a very old roadside motel that has had a facelift. They took old kitchenette rooms and put down pergo and tile and added granite countertops, but kept the old beds and pink ceramic tile that belies the true age of the hotel. The kitchenette would be nice if you were staying for a while, but I wasn't. My room (118) was not very clean. The bed was old and uncomfortable. The musty smell was overwhelming and sent me running for my allergy meds. I never saw bedbugs, but I never felt alone in my bed, if you know what I mean. I paid nearly $100 for this really bad 3 hours of sleep, and I couldn't report it to the night manager when I left at 6:00AM, because there was no one in the office. I don't recommend this place, unless every other place is full for miles around and you bring your own sheets and pillow.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank joejup
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2006

Very surprised with the size of the rooms and cleanliness. Will recommend to my family and friends traveling to Valdosta. Previous reviewer was absolutely right--they certainly ARE unique!

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
Valdosta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2006

I booked the hotel room through hotels.com and viewed the amenities and the pictures, but I never thought the rooms would be SO NICE! Really, the rooms are extremely big, not like your sardined hotel rooms, and each have granite countertop kitchens with a full refridgerator. What blew me away was the price. With high speed internet connection, cable and hbo television and even more, one could stay there for like $840 or $850 per month. I can't remember. But it was definitely a great bargain and it's quiet, tiny, unique, gorgeous architecture, and well furnished. I've even booked my family's stay in Valdosta for next year's winter vacation. The staff is wonderful and so polite as well. I highly recommend the Garden Villas whether you're staying for one night or even up to a month. It's the most unique and great bargained place I've been to and I travel a lot. I'm so glad I stayed.

1 Thank sportsillustrated123