“nice stay”

Econo Lodge Valdosta
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 10, 2007

After leaving another hotel in the area because it was dirty we stayed at the Econo Lodge. The room was clean and big. The only problem is the parking lot is small. Hard to find parking at night. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family

Reviewed May 19, 2007

My room reeked of smoke too! I was supposedly in a non-smoking room and my in-laws were right next to me and their room didn't smell as bad as my room did. I wanted to switch rooms but we had a ton of gear with us and I was told the only other 2 queen bed rooms were on the other floors and they were smoking rooms. So, we had to put up with it.

The pool was incredibly tiny, I mean, why bother putting in a pool if it can't hold more than 4 people comfortably? It was a large tub really. The continental breakfast was lame, there was no decaf coffee made although there was an urn there for it. Small amount of pastries, bread and cereal. No apple juice (I happen to like it in the morning and this was the only place that didn't have it)

There was a nice seafood restaurant that we could walk to and the food was really good....I'd give them a 4 out of 5 (the music was VERY loud). Definately an 'Econo' visit but I paid too much for what I got!

• Stayed: April 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank KitKatCouture
Reviewed April 1, 2007

Hotel looked family new, but it smelled worse than an old bar. The smoking and non-smoking rooms were right next to each other. The smell was terrible. We immediately went to the front desk and got our money back. Front desk clerk was very rude.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank jctc48
Reviewed December 31, 2006

Can't really remember which site we used to book this one--we had several we were staying at. Our biggest issue was no coffeepot in the room. Since I'm a very early riser, even the 6AM breakfast didn't work for that. Other than that, it was fine. But I guess you get what you pay for.

Stayed: December 2006
1  Thank kglen1
Reviewed December 14, 2006

I booked this Hotel, because of Reviews, I had read about on
TripAdvisor. It was just what we needed. We would stay again.

Stayed: December 2006
Reviewed December 1, 2006

We stopped overnight on our way to Disney World. After checking with several other hotels wanting around $100 for one night, we checked with this hotel. $53 per night with AAA plus tax to that. I wanted to take a look at the room before we decided we would take it.

I was very suprised at how nice the room was. Especially for what we were paying for the room compared to the others we stopped at.

Plenty of room for two adults and two small children. The room was very clean and staff was courteous.

Continental breakfast was provided the next morning...the typical milk, juice, bagel, cereal, etc.

Overall pleased with the room. Would stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank streetrod_momma_of_2
Reviewed October 5, 2006

I booked this hotel based on previous reviews and we were not disappointed! This is definitely not your typical Econo Lodge!

We arrived around 11 p.m. after driving 9 1/2 hours for a drive that should have only taken 5 hours. So we were expecting a VERY clean room and comfortable beds since we were so tired! The night clerk welcomed us to the hotel and was very friendly. As she was checking us in, I asked her if we could use a coupon we had found in one of those travel discount guides, she said sure and we saved an additional $5 on an already low internet price of $41.95.

The room was super clean! The beds we so comfortable. I actually forgot that we were at an E.L. The bathroom was huge and the TV had plenty of channels. We were on the way to Florida to catch a cruise, so we didn't have time to visit to pool.

The continential breakfast wasn't anything to get excited about, but the area was clean and my son seemed to enjoy the Fruit Loops cereal. The front desk clerk was super friendly and she even gave us the price of gas at the area gas stations and gave us directions to Wal Mart.

I would definitely stay here in the future and would recommend to others!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank bluemom1