“Had a pleasant stay.”

Econo Lodge Valdosta
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Just one night. Room was clean, friendly staff and bed was comfortable. Ask for the "quiet" side of the building or you may here quite a bit of vehicle noise.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 9, 2009

Great value for a large, well equipped room with a comfortable king sized bed. One of the best Econo Lodge properties I have stayed at.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel several times and for the most part it has served it's purpose.

For anyone traveling on I-75S toward Orlando, this is a nice place to spend a night. Hotel is new, haven't had any problems with smoke in non-smoking rooms and no problems with dogs yet either. (fingers crossed).

However, I have had a major problem with the front desk. During our last stay, we arrived at 1:30 AM (something we noted on reservation) and were told that they were completely booked. I then informed the lady at the front desk, who was outside smoking, that we had a reservation. She looked at me like I was crazy and again told me that didn't have any rooms. I then provided her my confirmation email and the original confirmation and she told me again they didn't have any rooms. Worst of all, she gave me information about another hotel in town that was absolutely wrong. Long story short - deal with the front desk as little as possible and you'll be fine. Only had a problem with this one clerk and she cost them a 5/5 rating from me.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2008

OK, but check in was a hassle. Room was clean on the surface, but not in the hard to get to places.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2008

My wife and I stayed here with our two small children. We were in town visiting Wild Adventures and this hotel was right up the road from the park. The only issue was parking. After we returned form the park, we had to park in a handicapped spot because it was the only spot left! Other than that, the room was clean and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Buddy20
Reviewed October 14, 2007

traveling to Orlando, stopped here. clean, looks like it has been remodeled in the last few years. Entrance from the highway a little tricky. good price. continental breakfast was good.

Stayed: October 2007
Reviewed September 22, 2007

The place is newer, the place is cleaner than the Super 8, but I had a problem with the front desk clerk, the breakfast is nothing to brag about but it was included in the price, and for an Econo Lodge I guess I should not complain, I just wish the front desk clerk was not so rude, that is what ruined my stay. other than that I have no complaints, the price was right.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family