“Not worth what I paid”

Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Our room was filthy dirty. Urine build up an dried around bottom of floor an base of toilet. Bathtub had a lovely dark scum ring. Nasty spots on walls don't even wanna try to guess what it was. They Discounted me 15%. I told them I'd mention the 15% in my review so here it is. Totally not worth the 89.99 a night. It was nasty see pics I posted on trip advisor.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank melissanjohn
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2014

Dear melissaanjohn,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are hear and will be resolved immediately. Our hotel has recently had a change in management and I can assure you that our new management team is working hard to assure we meet or exceed guest expectations moving forward.

In the future I do hope you would be willing to give us another chance and let us showcase our property.

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Valdosta

Reviewed May 3, 2014

It wasn't a horrible experience or anything, but honestly, I should have stayed over at the Sleep Inn next door instead. First off, we got in at around 10pm and after I went inside and got our room keys, we were forced to park by the road (they have like 4 parking spots total), which is really FAR from the hotel when you have a toddler and luggage and a dog. It was ridiculous. Second, make sure you don't forget anything because they will not give you replacements, such as a toothpaste or shampoo. Apparently, "they don't do that." Front desk lady advised me to use lotion on my HAIR. Yes, really. Lastly, she tried to give me a smoking room (YUK) I have a baby, I will not go in a nasty smoke filled room. She said "Well thats what you put online." Umm, no, why would I do that when I dont smoke. Other than her being rude and on the phone the whole time I was checking in, the breakfast the next morning was wonderful. It looked like the owners were out helping in the morning and they were great. Very accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LocalTraveler99

Dear LocalTraveler99,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. Our hotel has recently had a change in management and I can assure you that our new management team is working hard to assure we meet or exceed guest expectations moving forward.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed here just to get a few hours of sleep during a road trip. It was perfect. Paid about $52 plus tax and received a clean, quiet, room with 2 queen-sized (not double) beds. Decent breakfast in the morning was included. For a small, economy hotel they provided nice amenities including a computer and printer in the lobby. There is nothing fancy about this place but it met our needs perfectly. Kind, helpful, friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bodee1999
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear bodee1999,

Comfort, cleanliness and customer service have to be the three most important things when traveling and we'd like to thank you for noticing we provide them all. It is so wonderful to hear when a guest is happy and have enjoyed their stay. I will share your comments with the team and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Easy to get to , just off interstate75. We stopped on our way to Florida. It was quiet and comfortable. There were several good restaurants nearby. Our room was just what we needed after a long drive. We were a little surprised you could not take any food from the breakfast area into your room.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brenda B
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Brenda B,

Very kind words, we thank you! We are happy you were able to enjoy yourself during stay here with us. We are glad to hear that we make a difference and I will be sure to pass along the kind words to our staff. We have a great team and they work very hard. We hope to see you again in the future. Safe Travels!

The Management team at

Reviewed April 14, 2014

On the drive to or from Florida, this is an excellent value for those who want just a place to get a good night's sleep. Nothing fancy, but the bed is comfortable, the room is clean and the neighborhood is safe. We will return.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BuceriasBoy
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear BuceriasBoy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit will us.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your response will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guest. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

The team at

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Late check in on two double room via a Priceline reservation. Check in was quick and friendly. There was literally no parking left since we checked in late on a Spring Break weekend, I ended up having to park right off of the main doors and asked the front desk lady to call me if anyone complains. We received a ground floor room with 10 foot ceilings and an odd room configuration with the rest room to the back right of the room. Nothing wrong with the configuration, just different. The room was clean and the hotel was quiet even though it was completely booked. Everyone was just passing through it seems. Breakfast was your normal fare of breads, cereal, yogurt, bananas. Though they did sport a waffle iron! That proved to be exciting for the young ones. Staff was friendly and at no time did I get wigged out about anything. Definitely would recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank J G

Dear J G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us. As comfort, cleanliness and customer service have to be the three most important things when traveling, we'd like to thank you for noticing we provide them all. It is so wonderful to hear when a guest is happy and have enjoyed their stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and we look forward to servin gyou again the next time you are visiting the area.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Hotel is dated but clean. The halls do smell of smoke but once we got into the non-smoking room the smell was gone. Decent breakfast. Half the price of other hotels in the area. I would stay again if passing through Valdosta. It is close to shopping and lots of restaurants. Also, it is right off the interstate.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank N H
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear N H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with the staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

Kind regards,