“Greatest Steaks!!”

Reviewed January 29, 2008

Greatest Steaks!!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This place is delecious!”
Reviewed December 30, 2007

This place is delecious!

Brandon, FL
“Awesome Steak! An unexpected treat.”
Reviewed December 28, 2007

Who would think that a superior steakhouse could be found in the middle of nowhere? I hope that doesn't offend people who live in Valdosta, because Austins Cattle Co was a delightful surprise. I was staying overnight for business, and asked the front desk at the Hampton Inn for a recommendation.

We arrived at Austins at about 7:45 pm. It was a Monday evening, and not crowded. Our server, Zach, was extremely friendly and helpful. The menu boasts of a Pittsburgh style steak, seared and finished with flavorful spices. He convinced me that the Prime Rib was the best choice and I couldn't go wrong....

.... except it did go wrong, because they were sold out. :-(

Zach convinced me that the Rib Eye or Filet would also be a good choice, so I got the Rib Eye. It was DELICIOUS- hot, juicy and worth every penny. My friend ate the Filet, and he also cleaned his plate.

We finished the dinner with two of their desserts- the cheesecake and a chocolate ooey-gooey mess, topped with vanilla ice cream. The cheesecake was okay, but the chocolate dessert was wonderful. I'm grateful that I'm not a local, because Austins would have to stock up on the chocolate dessert for me!

I will definitely stop the next time I'm going through Valdosta, and hopefully, I'll be able to try the Prime Rib.

2 Thank Pertmm
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I Love this place, the steak is great, the servers and nice and the prices or too”
Reviewed December 5, 2007

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Awesome Steak! Full Bar!”
Reviewed November 11, 2007