“Awesome!”

Bubba Jax Crab Shack
Ranked #4 of 246 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

What a gem! Stopped on our way down to Florida and sure beats the heck outta any chain or fast food. Fast friendly service and great food! I got the crab cakes which are home made and delicious!:) will be back!

1  Thank natjeep

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Friendly, efficient service with excellent seafood is whats happening here. Recommended by our hotel and was a hit. Don't go for the atmosphere its basic fish camp style with a TV. If you want good food with a cold one you can't miss.

2  Thank Bruce R
Reviewed September 3, 2013

After living here for 6 years, I have finally found a seafood restaurant that is better than passable. I enjoy the "shack" atmosphere, the staff is nice and the serving sizes are more than adequate. The grouper sandwich was delicious. If I was rating it only against local cuisine, I'd rate it a 5. However, I have a high standard for seafood and have eaten at some great places elsewhere, so it gets a solid 4 and probably the only place I'll eat seafood in Valdosta again.

2  Thank Cajun_D
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

It doesn't look like much on the outside but the food was great! I has the blackened grouper and my wife had the crab cakes. Both were cooked perfectly! It sounds crazy but the potato chips were the best I've ever had and if they hadn't just run out of cheese grits I'd have had another order. We'll definitely be back next year on our way to Florida.

1  Thank Steve44883
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a place to eat on our way back to Orlando from Atlanta. We were traveling with our dog so choices are limited. This "shack" has both indoor seating as well as a nice little front porch to eat on. We had full service despite the fact it was August and hot. We were in shade and they had a strong fan to create a nice breeze. The food was fantastic. Too much to eat. Our family of four had soft shelled crabs, oysters, grouper and shrimp along with the sides of hush puppies, cheese grits and garlic potatoes. We will definitely come back next time through.