“Delicious Fresh Seafood Cooked to Perfection!”

Sam's Crystal River Seafood
Ranked #58 of 245 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We ate lunch on a Saturday at this restaurant. For an appetizer the fried green tomatoes were some of the best I have ever eaten anywhere. They were just tart enough. The catfish fingers were melt in your mouth good without being mealy or mushy. And the fried shrimp and fried scallops were fried perfectly! They had just enought breading and were cooked perfectly. The cheese grits were also very good. No stringy cheap cheese there! Considering how far away from the ocean Valdosta is, it was refereshing to obtain this level of good fresh seafood. The service was slow but could be forgiven as the quality of the food was so superior!

There are newer reviews for Sam's Crystal River Seafood

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We started with crab claws which were tiny pieces of crab attached to the long claw. They were greasy and not good at all.
I got a stuffed flounder which was ok, and my fiancé got the Alaskan crab legs. Every time he cracked one, water would splash all over the place. Some of the clusters looked very discolored as you can see on my pic. Only favorable thing was our waitress, she was fantastic. Other than that, sorry I wont come back :(

1  Thank May2day
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This restaurant was on a list from our hotel. It is a casual restaurant. The menu has an excellent variety of fish, including some broiled options. My husband and I opted for a Seafood Feast for 2. It was a lot of food,and we were unable to finish it. The service was pleasant, and not rushed. Appears to be a local favorite. The night we were there (Monday) they had a snow crab leg special. There is an arrangement with the Comfort Suites and a 10% discount is given with the presentation of a key card.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The food is GOOD, plentiful, serves swiftly, and cheerfully. The staff is superb, and there is PLENTY of room for everyone (even when it's busy), but the structure itself needed work. In a couple of places it seemed that the A/C must have frozen over because there was ICE on the vents and it was dripping on the heads of the patrons and into buckets. There was even structural damage here and there in the ceiling around the vents. It detracts from the overall feel when you look up and wonder what might fall.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I were shopping and ran across this restaurant and went in for lunch. The food was GREAT. The have specials all the time. If you like Seafood try this place.