“GOOD FOOD AND SERVICE.”

Cuisines: American
ALBANY,GA
“GOOD FOOD AND SERVICE.”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was craving a gyro the other day and remembered the wooden nickel has the best ones around. As usual they lived up to there reputation. It was very good. The service and very friendly as well. If you haven't tried them give them a try. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013

Hahira, Georgia
“OMGosh the BURGERS!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Folks I am from New York and in New York, the DINERS are the thing with their big generous and juicy burgers, massive steak fries, and amazing appies... I am going to tell you that Wooden Nickel Pub has got the New Yorker in me appeased with the enormous juicy burger my soul has been missing. FRESH produce on every burger ground at the very moment YOUR patty was prepared, makes this an absolutely sublime experience. I recommend their appies as well, from the fried mushrooms to the fried cheese balls. It's a warm and welcoming place though I doubt you will be able to take your eyes off of your plate. It's THAT good.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Deborah M
Holt, Michigan
“Looking for a Tavern/Bar during a stay in Valdosta”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was our second stay in Valdosta, GA on our way to Florida. We decided we really just wanted to go to a pub/tavern/bar for a sandwich and a beverage. After searching on line and in the phone book, we decided to try the Wooden Nickel Pub. It is a very large restaurant/bar and decorated in a rustic fashion. We were immediately seated although I was disappointed that we were seated right at the front door so couldn't really get a full "look around" the whole restaurant. Our server was prompt with taking our order and checking back with us. They had several good beers on tap although they were out of several that night that were listed on their menu. My husband had a gyro and onion rings and I had a pub burger with fries. Both were served to us quickly and both were okay although nothing special. I do think, as "bar food" goes, it was okay. I would probably give them another try.

• Visited January 2013