“Get place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Cartersville, Georgia, United States
“Get place to stay”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Convenient location just off interstate 75 at exit 18. The staff was friendly & the whole place was clean and welcoming. They served a nice meal in the evening & hot breakfast in the morning included in the cost of the room. The pool & hot tub offered a great place to relax after a day of driving.

Room Tip: We had stopped at the GA visitors center & picked up a coupon book that saved us about $20.00 of...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife and I recently performed in Valdosta as part of the Bel Canto Opera Concert Series. Our "provided" hotel was the Drury Inn Suites--just off Interstate 75 at exit 18. As an opera singer, I've been traveling throughout the U.S. and the world for over 35 years. I've NEVER stayed in a cleaner or more beautiful "highway-exit" hotel in my life. The lobby is open and spacious with European style lighting and flair. The rooms are immaculate, quiet. and exceptionally appointed.The staff is very helpful and southern friendly. Great indoor/outdoor swimming pool and jacuzzi. And finally, the money you save by taking advantage of the free hot breakfast buffet and free wine, beer, and cocktails with the evening supper buffet--I don't think there's a better deal anywhere on Interstate 75. Bravi tutti!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Darby, Montana
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have to say I was impressed. The hotel is new and still has that " New car smell " check in was actually enjoyable ( the front desk staff was friendly and very outgoing ) Once I got to the room I was greeted with a very nice layout ( comfortable and inviting ) very fast internet, good television selection and the best of all a very comfortable bed. The walk in shower was a very nice touch and with good water pressure from the shower head. I will have to stay with this brand more often.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We are on our way north for the season. Booked this because its a good layover for the horses. We checked in, went for a swim, and went to their happy hour. Everything is perfect. Free dinner included pasta, soup, salad, potatoes and more. Plus 3 free drinks per person. That really made the trip enjoyable. Will come again. Thank you

• Stayed April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were in Valdosta for a baseball tournament. The hotel was packed to the max with baseball teams. The staff was extremely friendly. Each staff member said hello, and very accommodating. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. The breakfast selection was very nice....and the staff was excellent. Although they had drinks and snacks in the evening, due to the schedule of games, we missed out on all that....by ten minutes. Pool was closed when we returned from dinner, but the staff opened the pool area early the following morning so some of the little ones could swim since they didn't have a chance the night before. Only downside was that when we arrived, one of the elevators wasn't working, and the other one was very slow. That's not good when you have a full hotel. However, they were fixed rather quickly. Excellent stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed at the Drury Inn in Valdosta for one night, the young lady at the reception desk "Chrys" was so upbeat and friendly that she just made out stay all the more pleasant.

We opted for a suite, and it was very nice, we have two cats and Drury Inns do not charge for pets, how refreshing! After checking in we went downstairs to lovely snacks that included, soup/salad/mac & cheese/baked potatoes/hotdogs and chicken tenders......also received three free drinks of our choice.

Beds are very comfortable, and loved the shower with its dispensers for shampoo/body wash and conditioner. in the morning had a lovely breakfast. I opted for the oatmeal, while my husband had eggs/sausage/biscuits and gravy. Wish they had them all the way on the I75 as we travel this road twice a year. Now we have to wait until Ohio for the next one. This is def our hotel of choice. Keep up the good work Drury Inns!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, room 323......uneven numbers have a view of the pool, very nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Okay so maybe not entriely upscale, but this clean, attractively decorated, well run hotel off the Interstate was probably the nicest familt chain hotel I've stayed at in years. It also made me wonder why I've wasted so much money on boutique hotels while vacationing.

The front desk staff was young and obviously having a good time when I arrived. Unlike some reception desk staff who make you feel like a rude jerk for interfering in their fun ("can I have a room please?") they made a point of drawing guests into the fun and didn;t miss a beat. Checkin was fast and professional. Oh, and fun too for a change!

Whoever designed the hotel deserves an award for guest comfort and efficiency. My (super comfy) King room was spotless and more than ample for a single or couple travelling with moderate amounts of luggage. The decor is modern mid-range chain, but the room was so well laid out it felt like a more expensive hotel (my last minute rate booked while driving into town was $113). For example, the large flat panel TV was actually close enough to the bed that I could see a show with the volume turned down to a normal level; the shower (not a dirty tub) was large enough for two people, had a clean curtain (vs. a moldy glass/plastic enclosude), and contained soap/shampoo/conditioner dispensers (very 'green', which I applaud!!!); and there was still room for a computer desk and chair/setee to boot.

The walls of the rooms must be well insulated too. The hotel was crowded and a young family was staying next door, but with the exception of a few front door slams I never heard other people, a tv or toilet flush, or a shower run.

They also have a happy hour that will make families travelling on a budget very happy. Drinkers too. From 5-7 you can have 3 free drinks per day (wine, beer, and pretty good cocktails), unlimited hot dogs, make-it-yourself nachos, baked potato bar, simple veggies, soup, and soda. Sorry Hampton Inn and HI Express, the happy hour at the Drury has your chocolate chip cookies beat by a mile :-)

I also enjoyed the fact that this location has heated indoor and outdoor pools and a jacuzzi. All were clean and well maintained.

Breakfast is also free, but virtually identical to every other quality chain: waffle maker, fresh fruit, cereal, etc. In other TA reviews I see this is a big deal and I'm not complaining. A well laid out breakfast spread is a great value, but since I spend 30-50 nights a year on the road a waffle maker and unlimited orange juice is nothing special.

In summary, this is a delightful place to stop on the GA/FL border that I can highly recommend. "Well done" to the management and staff at the Drury Inn Valdosta.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo