Drury Inn & Suites Valdosta
SleepInn
$77
ComfortSuites
$86
Super 8 Valdosta/Conf Center Area(Valdosta)(Great Value!)
$51
All reviewshot dogsbaked potatothe indoor outdoor poolevening kickbackfree drinkschicken tendersolive gardenchillialcoholic beveragesper adultmeatballsmixed drinkswaffleshot tubfree hot breakfasthappy hourallow pets
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were in Valdosta for a baseball tournament. The hotel was packed to the max with baseball teams. The staff was extremely friendly. Each staff member said hello, and very accommodating. The rooms were very nice and comfortable. The breakfast selection was very nice....and the staff was excellent. Although they had drinks and snacks in the evening, due to the schedule of games, we missed out on all that....by ten minutes. Pool was closed when we returned from dinner, but the staff opened the pool area early the following morning so some of the little ones could swim since they didn't have a chance the night before. Only downside was that when we arrived, one of the elevators wasn't working, and the other one was very slow. That's not good when you have a full hotel. However, they were fixed rather quickly. Excellent stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed at the Drury Inn in Valdosta for one night, the young lady at the reception desk "Chrys" was so upbeat and friendly that she just made out stay all the more pleasant.

We opted for a suite, and it was very nice, we have two cats and Drury Inns do not charge for pets, how refreshing! After checking in we went downstairs to lovely snacks that included, soup/salad/mac & cheese/baked potatoes/hotdogs and chicken tenders......also received three free drinks of our choice.

Beds are very comfortable, and loved the shower with its dispensers for shampoo/body wash and conditioner. in the morning had a lovely breakfast. I opted for the oatmeal, while my husband had eggs/sausage/biscuits and gravy. Wish they had them all the way on the I75 as we travel this road twice a year. Now we have to wait until Ohio for the next one. This is def our hotel of choice. Keep up the good work Drury Inns!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, room 323......uneven numbers have a view of the pool, very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Okay so maybe not entriely upscale, but this clean, attractively decorated, well run hotel off the Interstate was probably the nicest familt chain hotel I've stayed at in years. It also made me wonder why I've wasted so much money on boutique hotels while vacationing.

The front desk staff was young and obviously having a good time when I arrived. Unlike some reception desk staff who make you feel like a rude jerk for interfering in their fun ("can I have a room please?") they made a point of drawing guests into the fun and didn;t miss a beat. Checkin was fast and professional. Oh, and fun too for a change!

Whoever designed the hotel deserves an award for guest comfort and efficiency. My (super comfy) King room was spotless and more than ample for a single or couple travelling with moderate amounts of luggage. The decor is modern mid-range chain, but the room was so well laid out it felt like a more expensive hotel (my last minute rate booked while driving into town was $113). For example, the large flat panel TV was actually close enough to the bed that I could see a show with the volume turned down to a normal level; the shower (not a dirty tub) was large enough for two people, had a clean curtain (vs. a moldy glass/plastic enclosude), and contained soap/shampoo/conditioner dispensers (very 'green', which I applaud!!!); and there was still room for a computer desk and chair/setee to boot.

The walls of the rooms must be well insulated too. The hotel was crowded and a young family was staying next door, but with the exception of a few front door slams I never heard other people, a tv or toilet flush, or a shower run.

They also have a happy hour that will make families travelling on a budget very happy. Drinkers too. From 5-7 you can have 3 free drinks per day (wine, beer, and pretty good cocktails), unlimited hot dogs, make-it-yourself nachos, baked potato bar, simple veggies, soup, and soda. Sorry Hampton Inn and HI Express, the happy hour at the Drury has your chocolate chip cookies beat by a mile :-)

I also enjoyed the fact that this location has heated indoor and outdoor pools and a jacuzzi. All were clean and well maintained.

Breakfast is also free, but virtually identical to every other quality chain: waffle maker, fresh fruit, cereal, etc. In other TA reviews I see this is a big deal and I'm not complaining. A well laid out breakfast spread is a great value, but since I spend 30-50 nights a year on the road a waffle maker and unlimited orange juice is nothing special.

In summary, this is a delightful place to stop on the GA/FL border that I can highly recommend. "Well done" to the management and staff at the Drury Inn Valdosta.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2013

After 14 hours in the car, this was a very welcomed stop over on our way to Orlando. The hotel is new, very clean. Staff friendly. We stayed in a King Suite, very nice and very comfortable. Slept well and beds comfy.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MomOf4_9855
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After 14 hours on the road it was nice to arrive at this property and find it was very new. The place was completely booked so it was a good thing we had two rooms reserved. Desk was friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Nice shower with dispensers for shampoo and soap so no little bottles or hard to open soap bars. Beds were comfortable too. Breakfast was better than the average "free" breakfast at this level hotel but the staff was clearly not prepared for a full house as many food items were out of stock for some time. Some staff seemed less than helpful during this rush and appeared to be sitting and surfing their phone while chaos was going on around them with tables needing busing etc.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family