“Stop over on our way to Florida”

Super 8 Valdosta Mall
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Kentucky
“Stop over on our way to Florida”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Nice hotel with friendly staff , close to interstate several restaurants near hotel. GPS will send you to wrong side of the interstate. Furnishings need updating but overall a good reasonable place to stay. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Valdosta
Reviewed May 21, 2014

when we cheked in we verified that we wanted a handicapped room. The "manager" wanted to know who I had talked to . Was this my responsibility - really. After checking he managed to get us a 'handicapped" room which required steps that my husband had to walk up. Then we noticed that the bill was about $20.00 than was quoted. Never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Robert B

Travelers are raving about these Valdosta hotels

Perrysburg
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The super 8 was very clean, in fact spotless. The beds were comfortable, the grounds excellent, plus a nice pool. The breakfast was good very good. The staff were very very nice. I would highly recommend this Super 8. I have not one complaint.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Johnny C
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Checked in at night after seeing a billboard saying 20% off. The lady wouldn't give a discount for my AAA or AARP membership. I told her the only reason I stopped was because of the 20% off billboard. "Oh... well because you mentioned the Billboard I am allowed to give you a discount" Ooooo k....

I got to my room. It was a total dump. TV didn't work. No problem... I just wanted to sleep, shower in the am and go. AM came and I noticed hair in the shower.... I cleaned it up so I could shower... there was no water pressure. ... then the pressure was very high and freezing. ... then nothing. ... Then high and scolding hot. AWFUL. I talked to the front desk and the said that they couldn't do anything since the manager was out but she took my number and promised the manager would call me. Days later. ... still nothing. I told them that I would leave feedback if they didn't attempt to make it right. They didn't even bother and don't care.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Hotel lobby very nice, rooms gross. One big lady with red hair is loud and obnoxious (I am not her baby). When I enter my room, I was overwhelmed with cig. smoke. The room was dusty, mirrors dirty, very outdated. I was afraid to take off my shoes because of the filthy carpet. Update the rooms and get rid of bad help.

Room Tip: Do not stay here run if you see the red head. She wants your husband
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Vanessa B, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Valdosta Mall, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. It is our desire that our guest are treated with respect and feel comfortable at our hotel and I do apologize that you did not feel this way while checking in/ checking out during your stay. I do wish you had alerted me of the situation so that I could have seen what was going on and taken the matter in hand. As for the room and it not being up to standard, did you call the front desk staff and let them know? They would have been glad to get you another room that would have been more to your liking. Please know that should you ever find yourself in our area again, you are welcome and we will try our best to make your stay more enjoyable the next visit. Thank you again.