“A Truly Crappy Motel”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Valdosta
Western Motel - Valdosta
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This motel is way past its prime, if there ever was one. The photo I saw on line was of the Quality Inn Next door. The non-smoking room appeared clean to the naked eye, but with a strong disinfectant smell, and was certainly cheap. After checking in we discovered the sheets were stained and threadbare, the blankets shabby, and the bedspreads had cigarette burn holes in many places. The towels were so small and thin that there was no point in trying to use them. We were tired from traveling and in no mood to go searching for another place. Besides, the clerk said they owned the Quality Inn, too. So, old TV, not much control over the heating/air unit, but surprise, surprise, they had a fridge for our perishables. I prayed there were no bedbugs. Breakfast was a joke: five tiny chocolate donuts and two packaged muffins served with a family member sleeping on the lobby sofa! We slept a few hours and left early in the morning. I hope I've learned that cheap is awful!

Room Tip: All good rooms are elsewhere.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Go N
There are newer reviews for Western Motel - Valdosta
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stopped here on my way to Florida on January 31, 2014 thinking it was a Quality Inn operarted by Choice hotels. There was signage indicating this along the road as well as behind the reception desk. My first clue that this was not true was when the clerk told me they were changing rewards programs and handed me my key cards in an envelope that was a folded piece of paper stapled along the sides. When I looked at my receipt, it was labeled Western Motel, the name of the property next door. Needless to say I was quite disappointed with the accomadations. Here is a list:
- Plenty of coffee, cups and supplies, but no coffeemaker.
-Thermostat on heating unit was inoperative, but we did have HEAT.
- Shower curtain rod was falling off the wall
-Shower curtain was mildewed along the bottom.
-Sink faucet it the sink was not secured, totally loose.
-Front window curtains billowed out when heat was turned on. Had to stuff them into the window cavity.
-Overall feeling of not being clean

Called Quality Inn a few days later to find out that this location had been suspended and was as of that date, 1/31/14, no longer a Quality Inn property and should have been told so. They were apologetic and credited my privledges card with 2000 points.

I am assuming the owners of the Western Motel had either managed or took over the proerty from Choice Hotels. In any event they do a very poor job and I would not under any circumstances recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Bruce C
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This hotel is part of Quality. I'm not very sure if it's a seperate hotel or not. All I know is that this is part of the Quality Inn of I-75 exit 18. It's located close to the mall and a few restaurants such as Texas Roadhouse, Outback, and Olive Garden.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo