“Comfortable and Clean”

Hampton Inn Suites Valdosta Conference Center
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed June 17, 2013

For a comfortable, clean bed you can never beat a Hampton Inn. This particular location was a notch above the others. We arrived late on Friday without a reservation and were still able to get a non-smoking room with little fuss. There was a hot breakfast in the morning (eggs, sausage, waffles) and lots of fruit, bagels, cereal, juice, hot coffee, etc.

Room Tip: Might want to ask for a room away from I-65 - it's not too close to the hotel but you never can...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Perfect location close to I-75 and food and shopping. Large location for a Hampton Inn and friendly staff. Great breakfast and nice large pool. Would definately stay at this location again. Stayed with the family on a road trip back from Florida and made for a perfect stop.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Very clean hotel with friendly and efficient staff, easy access to shopping for last minute and/or forgotten supplies (Walmart), easy access to/from I-75, and good rates. Perfect stopping point for Disney travelers.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed for a 2nd time here in Valdosta, GA and was once again impressed. Very clean, large room, air conditioner working perfectly on a very hot day, walls thick enough not to hear neighbors. Just the way I like it! Hot breakfast offered. Decent food. I will stay here again.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

It was a very good experience overall. We all slept good and the morning breakfast was awesome. The only little complain I have was the room that we were given was highway facing and the blinds wont close all the way to cut-off the blazing street lights outside. Sleep Quality, cleanliness and the morning breakfast were perfect (what else do you need?)

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Recently had a great stay at this hotel. I arrived early and was checked in promptly by Rachana. The entire staff was wonderful from the breakfast staff to the Sales Manager, Kristie who assisted me with making a future reservation. The room was clean, the Manager’s Reception was the perfect snack, and the internet speed was FAST, something that is very important for me to complete my work.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I called the Hotel and spoke to guest service representative before booking online my reservation, to explain the theme park tickets package, since they sell the hotel night and the theme park tickets as a bundle.

The Guest service representative, told me they will provide me with 4 water park tickets, that is the max they can provide with the $199.00 package advertised online. So, I when ahead and booked the reservation, once I arrived at the hotel. I had the worst and most terrible experience with the 2 ladies at The Guest Service check in. First, one of them tells me, we don't offer 4 tickets for the theme park, but hold on you need to speak to the "the other young lady". I said, OK.

The logical service will be after she is done assisting her guest, she should take care of me since, I had been waiting for my turn and the guest service lady cannot assist me, then she should take care of the guest, right? no she took care of 3 more guest and then took care of. I explained to her that I had called and showed her the time that I called and what was told to me over the phone. The Guest Lady tells me no, if you want 4 tickets for the theme park you need to pay more and that is the best prices in town. I explained to her, the only reason why I picked the hotel was because of what was told to me over the phone and because the Theme park advertises as partners with the Hamptons.

The young lady did not work with me and I told her you took care of all the guest that came in after me, (all white) I am Hispanic and took care of me last, I was there before them. I told her, I only picked this hotel because of the conversation I had with your Guest Service representative over the phone. The Young Lady said are you checking in or not. If you want the 4 tickets you have to pay more money and like I said, we have the best prices and you are not going to find cheaper tickets.

Of course, I had done my research and explain to her online the theme park has them at $36.00 per ticket. she said, there is no way! So, I cancelled my reservation and went to check in at The Marriott. I told her, I am a Marriott member and I was going to where I am treated with respect and where the Guest comes first.

I cancelled my reservation with The Hampton Drove accross and was check in in less than 2 minutes, I explained to the Marriott Guest Service Rep what had happened! and they gave me the best rate for the night and I bought the tickets online at $36.00 per person.

When you go to hotels you want to be treated with respect and when you call the hotel before making a reservation, you expect the hotel to support what was talked over the phone. I felt so disrespected and mislead by the Hamptons team members.

It was the worst and terrrible experienced I have ever encounter in a hotel. I travel alot for business and pleasure, we do several mini vacations and the Hamptons will not get my money and I will tell all my friends and family members.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
lavinasada, General Manager at Hampton Inn Suites Valdosta Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for all of the inconveniences you experienced during your time with us. If you would please contact me directly, I will be more than happy to further discuss this stay with you. Again, we apologize and I look forward to speaking with you.

Lavina Sadarangani