“Better The Second Time Around... Will Definitely Return”

Country Inn & Suites by Carlson - Valdosta
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Warner Robins, Georgia
“Better The Second Time Around... Will Definitely Return”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I attempted the stay again and I will be the first to say that it was better this time around. The lady at the front desk is always so pleasant. She's from Warner Robins just as we are. I enjoy conversing with her. Normally, you don't receive that type of treatment. It's always just a"check in-check out" and occasionally a "How are you" at other hotels. She has the best customer service. Our room was extremely clean this time. I have not a single complaint and look forward to staying in the future.

• Stayed May 2014
AnthonyHumpel, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson - Valdosta, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
I am so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations this time around. The feedback you gave on your last visit was greatly appreciated, it allowed us the opportunity to improve on our quality and service.

We truly believe that it is important to try to connect with our guest and actually make them feel welcome and appreciated. We offer true “southern hospitality”.

On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for giving us another chance to accommodate you and your family. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Eastman, Georgia
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My family and I always stay here when we take the kids to Wild Adventures for several different reasons. First, location it is close to everything including the park. Second, the staff is wonderful always helpful and very nice. Third, the hotel is a very nice place to stay haven't had to many problems with anything. Fourth, the breakfast is always great. Last but not least the whole experience in its self is great.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
AnthonyHumpel, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson - Valdosta, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
I don't think there could be any better description ever given! I am so happy to see that our hard work and dedication to our guests is appreciated. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you so much for visiting and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Valdosta.
Navarre, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We've lived in Valdosta in the past, and now our son goes to college there, but we had never stayed at the Suites. We did, however, stay here this past weekend and it was a great experience. The staff was polite, knowledgeable and helpful, and it was fairly quiet, even with an indoor pool, which my daughter had a great time playing in. The room was clean with no odors, and the bed looked and smelled clean. The continental breakfast was fairly well laid out and there was plenty of food and varieties. The only negative I saw was the sofa bed bedding didn't appear to have been changed because someone folded up the sheets in the sofa instead of leaving it open for the cleaning staff to do their thing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
AnthonyHumpel, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson - Valdosta, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
It was certainly a pleasure having you and your family as our guest! I enjoy knowing that we were able to make you feel comfortable during your visit.

Please accept my apologies for the sofa bed, I have addressed this concern with the housekeeping staff and they assured that this will not be overlooked again.

We are looking forward to your next visit and hope to exceed your expectations even more!
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in Valdosta on the way to our cruise port and we loved this hotel. They upgraded us to a suite with a jacuzzi in the room. It was beautiful! We were shocked at how clean the room was. They made a fantastic suggestion for dinner and got us directions. The breakfast was great and the ladies gave me a tray so we could have breakfast in bed! Great place to stay- we will be back!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deryk S
AnthonyHumpel, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson - Valdosta, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
It was such a pleasure having you as our guests, I am so glad that we were able to make your stay a little bit more special. Thank you for visiting and congratulations again from all of us!
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I normally do not write reviews nor do I complain, however, I was disappointed in the "cleanliness" of some things in our room.

We arrived fairly late in the evening after a quick decision to do a small weekend getaway. After being turned away at the Marriott (no room availability), we we decided upon our second choice of stay, this particular hotel. The reviews were fairly well and the price was unbeatable.

Upon arrival, we were quickly greeted by the hotel staff. I must say, that the woman that helped us was very friendly. She promptly entered our information and received payment, while making us feel welcome by keeping us engaged with "small talk."

After checking in and entering our room, I immediately noticed that one (queen/double) of our beds seemed as if someone had been resting on it. The bedspread was somewhat "jumbled" on the first bed. The pillows were not fluffed, and there was hair on the pillow case. My husband insisted that I say nothing, as the other bed seemed to be "okay" & it was only a one night stay. I then examined the bathroom. It didn't have the freshest smell, but I travel often and it wasn't the worst I had smelled. The actual tub contained hair in it and the showerhead was not clean.My husband and I ended up finding a Wal-Mart where we were able to purchase cleaning supplies and a set of sheets.

I can't say that this is a horrible hotel, as I have seen far worse at a more expensive rate. We just ended up with a bad apple due to some small things that were overlooked in the cleaning process.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank KandieMarie
AnthonyHumpel, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson - Valdosta, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
We are sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience due to the condition of your room. We know a good night’s rest is very important and do not expect our guest to have to clean or service their own room. Perhaps if we could have been notified we would have had an attendant quickly rectify things for you. Thank you for taking the time to reach out and making us aware and we hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Fitzgerald, Georgia
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The hotel was clean. The staff was incredibly courteous and helpful. I don't normally sleep well in hotels, but the beds were comfortable, and the sheets were incredibly soft. I didn't eat the breakfast provided. I had a jacuzzi suite. It was very relaxing after a long day at work. The only negative thing I have to say is I thought the price was a little too high for the jacuzzi suite for that area, but overall I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed March 2014
AnthonyHumpel, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson - Valdosta, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for visiting and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! It is a shame though that you did not get the chance to try our wonderful breakfast buffet. Well, maybe on your next visit perhaps!
Orillia
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We had driven all day and were tired. We checked for accommodation at this location and the gal at the check-in counter couldn't have been nicer (believe her name was Brittany). Being a Friday night on the last weekend in March, the hotels were booking up quickly and we did not have reservations. She continued to check until she found a room that would work for us. We were most impressed with her professionalism and with the room itself. It had everything we required, was clean, quiet, and the washroom was most impressive. I would definitely stay again, and as well would recommend this location to anyone travelling.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
AnthonyHumpel, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson - Valdosta, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. I am so glad we were able to accommodate you on such a busy night. I will be sure to share your appreciation with Brittany.