“disappointed!”

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 16, 2010

After a stop here last February on our way to FL, we were looking forward to our stay. We were very disappointed! The property is showing a serious lack of care both inside and out. Exercise equipment (treadmill) is broken. The area outside the property is littered with broken pieces of landscaping and garbage. A dehumidifier in the room was not a welcome addition - one wonders why it was needed! We will not return again as there are many more choices in the area.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 6, 2009

We stayed here one night on our way to Disney. Nice hotel. Nothing fancy but a good value. rooms were clean and fairly spacious. The staff was very friendly and check in/out was super fast. i would stay again when passing through.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2009

At check-in, the clerk was nice but distracted; at one point, stopped mid-sentence to look at someone on the security monitor. I guess it is good to know someone is paying attention to security. I asked if the crib I requested online was in the room & he said no but that one was available. When I got back to my room, I waited an hour & still no crib. So I called the desk & no one answered. My husband went to the desk & no one was even there. I never did get it.

We had a double bed room on the first floor that was pretty big & with high ceilings. My kids ran around barefoot & their feet were not disgustingly black, which was a bonus. There was also a dehumidifier in the room that was very loud, so not worth running. Internet connection was not a problem; they had the sign-on code in the "Welcome" binder. The fridge & microwave were clean. The bathroom was also spacious but the tap water had a rotten egg smell. The pillows were small & square--like sleeping on decorative cushions. But they give you a ton of them, so I guess it makes up for it, & bed was comfy.

The breakfast was ok-- cereal, hard boiled egg (cold & rubbery), make your own waffle (pretty good), milk, juice, coffee-- nothing special but decent if you're on the go & don't want to spend any more $ than necessary. We didn't use the pool but it was really small.

Before our stay, I called to get a price, the clerk told me $90 but when I asked if there was a sale, she replied "Well I can give it to you for $80." Why not give the sale to begin with? Anyway, that is what we paid . It was an ok stay & I would recommend it for the clean, big rooms, just expect so-so service.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2009

Easy access to I-75. Adjacent to seafood restaurant and Econolodge Hotel. Has additional hotel entrance when using elevator. Room clean and quiet but phone didn't work. A little bit of trouble setting up internet at first (both wired and wireless available). If wireless is used, have to get code from hotel staff. Staff courteous. Other dining options begin less than half a mile away. Good complimentary breakfast and dining area.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2009

There were a few good points about the hotel, it is in a safe area and the room did seem clean although a little worn. The toilet was not secured to the floor and rocked from side to side. We went to sleep at ten pm. but when we turned out the lights the room was still as bright as daylight because the drapes don't cover all the window and the spotlight outside shines in the room.
The internet in the room worked fine, you just have to get a password from the front desk. I tried to use the computer in the lobby but it didn't work. I went to the front desk to ask the manager. He was talking to someone on his cell phone and kind of gave me a nod that it was o.k. to talk to him but he never put the phone down. He did, however,come over to the computer and try to fix it. About 20 minutes later, it was still not working right. When we checked out, the person at the computer could not get the printer to work.
The breakfast was not very good either and they were putting things away around 9:15 and breakfast is not over until 9:30. Not as good as other Sleep Inn's for breakfast.
The owner needs to spend some money around this place. Replace the computer, freshen up the rooms and add another waffle maker. Our room had a dehumidifier that rattled if you turned it on but it was the only way to get the musty smell out of the room.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2009

I am a clean freak and tend to lean on the picky side. I found this hotel to be clean and adequate for our one night stay while driving the Florida. I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone who is passing through, as well. I like the high ceilings but if I was staying longer, however, I might suggest more towels per guest.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2009

I normally do not write a review, however, I felt that I needed to express my concerns with this Sleep Inn located in Valdosta. I checked in early around 3:30pm. To my dismay, when I got to the room to unwind, there was no cable service available.I reported it immediately to management and was told that the cable was out in the area. When I called other hotels(Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Marriott)they had service. Unfortunately, cable was out for pretty much the entire evening and came back on sometime later that evening when I was awaken. The comfort of the bed was not of good quality there was a terrible slump in the middle and the pillows were travel size. Very cheap,low quality linens chosen for the bed sheets and bath towels.
Was informed that breakfast would be at 6:00, it was at 7:00. Not only did I not have a good night sleep, but breakfast was not available. Not even coffee. I asked if I could possibly receive some kind of discount-none was given not even an apology with my receipt. 1-star maybe :(

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank gamomteacher