WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
GreenLeadersGold level
“Good and bad I guess”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Hi I'm here staying the first night we had the 3 rd floor very nice and clean then the next week we came back they put us on the 1st floor but we can hear who ever was above us running are stomping didn't get much sleep then we also saw two roaches in our room but we told the desk clerk Faye Daniels she wrote note down she's very friendly good employee and breakfast was on point so I will be staying there again just spray the rooms

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Juicyk1978,

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to. I am sorry that every stay was not up to par for you, but your words will help our hotel shine in the future. I will share your comments with the team and we look forward to serving you again the next time you are visiting the area.

Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites Valdosta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Manchester, MO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

When we went to our room it wasn't made, there was still Standing water in the tub. We complained so they gave us another room. There were no working lights in the bathroom of this room. We went back to the front desk and they said they had no other rooms available and they would "comp" the room. When we left they wanted to charge us $100 for the room. The "comped room" was actually only $15 off the rate. Unbelievable.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank jtsiegel
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear jtsiegel,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. Our hotel has recently had a change in management and I can assure you that our new management team is working hard to assure we meet or exceed guest expectations moving forward.

In the future I do hope you would be willing to give us another chance and let us showcase our property.

Warm regards,
Sleep Inn, Inn & Suites, Valdosta
Waukesha, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We were passing through on our way to Florida, traveling with two adults and two teenagers. I liked that the room offered two queen beds instead of two doubles. Honestly, no one should offer doubles anymore for four people. You might as well give them two twin beds and tell the other two they're out of luck. The room was clean and we were pleasantly surprised that there was a mini fridge (even more pleasantly surprised that there was an unopened bottle of Smirnoff in it!). It wasn't a bad night's sleep. Breakfast in the morning was pretty good too. Don't make the waffles though. They stick to the pan horribly, even if you spray the heck out of it, and even if the guy who works there makes it for you. But the sausage, biscuits and gravy were good and everything else was fine. I probably wouldn't stay for more than two nights because we are spoiled as far as accommodations go. But for a passing through situation this was just fine and the price was right.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ktroth
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Ktroth,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with the staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town.

Kinds regards,
The team at
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was clean but needs updating. Beds were awful, pull out couch worm and ripped--no mattress cover, bathroom grout coming out in chunks, floor stained red...at first thought it could be blood, jacuzzi tubs don't make sense for the size of bathroom, breakfast area wasn't being wiped as regularly as it should, people at desk couldn't provide local information about events and didn't know how to get to downtown. Everywhere we went was within 15 miles so the location, while not ideal worked out fine. Not walking distance from anything as it was near the highway.
Will not stay there again or recommend it. Staff weren't quick to help customers.

Stayed July 2014
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations during your recent visit to our property. I have shared your feedback with our entire team to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior customer service and accommodations on your next visit to the area.

Warm regards,
The team at
Cartersville, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here three nights, during the fourth, for a family get together. Our room was very clean (which is a top priority) and very large. That's the good, now, don't stay on a floor where they have checked in someone that walks on the floor, because you can here every step they take....also, skip the breakfast, we tried it the first morning, not worth it at all. We travel a lot and this is the worse one yet!! Sorry Sleep Inn, you were nice and clean, but I don't think we will stay with you again, unless it's just for one night and we will ask for a room on the top floor!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dee J,

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from other hotels. I am sorry to hear that you were not 100% pleased with your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We arrived late, around 11:30 pm and just needed a place to sleep before we got back on the road in the morning. The front desk clerk, Faye, was delightfully helpful. There weren't any regular rooms left so we took a suite. It was very spacious with a couch and chair, plus a desk/work area. The room also had a sink, microwave and mini fridge. The bathroom had a large tub with jets. Everything was very clean. It would be great for a long stay.
The bed was comfy and we slept soundly! We had a great, quick breakfast in the morning and were on our way.
Everyone was super friendly and we will definitely stay here again when we pass through!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear LovingLifePhoto,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We take pride in all of our employees as well as the amenities we are able to offer our guests. I will be sure to share you comments with the team as we all strive to please our guests. It is so wonderful to hear when a guest is happy and have enjoyed their stay. We are looking forward to serving you again the next time you are in the area.

Douglas, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

I’m staying for the first time at the Sleep Inn in Valdosta and it is overall ok. I was greeted professionally at check inn and the man running the counter was very good and did a fantastic job. My room was ok, but had a couple issues. I found one “ghost ant” as one other reviewer put it which met the end of my finger and the air conditioner thermostat wasn’t working as it was either cold or cold. I had to turn off the unit because it wouldn’t regulate automatically and would only stay on cold mode even after jacking the thermostat up into the high 80’s. (First floor left interstate side). The internet was not good the night I was there. Not sure if this is a common problem, but it went in and out all evening so if you need a trustworthy internet connection this place may not be the best if you need dependable wireless internet. Since I’m a business traveler mostly I have to have internet and luckily I can hook my phone up as a hot spot when I get into a jam like I did here, but some don’t have that luxury. I recommend getting that addressed for sure. Lastly, the walls and ceiling seem thin as I heard everything it seemed during the early hours of my stay. I heard footsteps constantly above me and I heard the shower running in the room next to mine. Now on to the positives things about the place: The place is clean, there seems to be sufficient parking, personnel are professional, the bed feels fine, television worked great, seems like a decent sized breakfast area, they have an elevator, I didn’t hear the interstate traffic despite being on the interstate side, and the parking area is well lit at night. If I had to stay here again I would, but next time I’ll probably pay a little more for the Comfort Suites or Holiday Inn Express which I like more. Hope the review helped.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor so you don't get the foot steps above you.