“Comfortable”

GreenLeadersGold level
Pompano Beach Florida
“Comfortable”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I found the Sleep Inn in Valdosta to be very comfortable & clean. But plugging in a computer at the desk is not easy. There are plugs, but they are behind the desk. The desk is a huge piece of furniture that also hold the TV and the Mini fridge, so it cannot be moved. I would think the owners would invest in desk lamps that also have electrical pegs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

We checked in late. We get to the second floor hallway and bam, a heat wave. They do not keep the 2nd and 3rd floors air conditioned. We get to the room, and it is doubly hot! We finally got the room cooled down at 1 am! The tub was filthy; I had to clean it out. The bed clothes stained. The furniture torn and aged. However we only stayed one night, so we were able to deal. If I were staying longer, I would keep going!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank abrooks1282
Eglin AFB
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I'm on deployment to Moody AFB for the next 3 mths. I did not make prior arrangements before arriving in Valdosta due to last minute assignment. I walked into this Sleep Inn after traveling for 12 hours. The front desk clerk was very rude and unprofessional. He got upset that I requested to see a room prior to checking in. He sent me to 3 different rooms. The first room had an overbearing mold/mildew smell, the second room had dirty towels that were suppose to be cleaned and a bathtub with cleaning solution in the base of the tub and the third room had another guest in the shower! This hotel needs a complete makeover including customer service. I checked into the Comfort Suites across the highway and it was like night and day. The front desk staff here is very professional and well trained. I also saved $20 less per night which adds up to $1800 savings for a total of 90 days.

Room Tip: Choose a room somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Anthony W
Carnesville, Georgia
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was a bit nervous about staying in this hotel after reading some of the reviews listed. The statements about the towels and bed linens being poor quality made me actually pack towels and bathcloths to use at the hotel! However, I'm happy to say my towels from home were not needed! As soon as I walked in the door, I went straight into the bathroom and pulled down several towels and bathcloths for inspection....every one of them were perfectly fine. My next move was to inspect the bed sheets.....nothing to complain about there either. I looked all around this suite (we stayed in a suite with separate livingroom/bedroom) and found nothing to really complain about. The floors were all clean, the bathroom was very clean and everything was in order. For a little while, I thought it was odd that there was no mini frig, however, I finally saw a sign stating the frig was inside a desk cabinet! Problem solved! The clerks at the front desk were very friendly. I can't comment on the breakfast because I didn't take part in it. Overall, yes I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Not bad, but this place could use a dose of NEW, as in carpeting, furniture, bedding, even towels in the bathroom. Hot in interior hallways, but room AC was fine.

• Stayed July 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times on our way to Florida. It has progressively gotten worse. It really needs to be kept cleaner, and the bedding and furniture needs to be updated. The floors in the rooms weren't very well vacuumed. The shower, though very pretty with its all glass wall/door and modern tiled floor and walls, was not clean. You could see where dirt was just collecting in the corners. A rusty bobby pin was in the shower when I got in. Who knows how long it had been there for it to become that rusty. We always take off the comforters before going to sleep, and when we did, we could see the blankets clearly needed to be washed- some crusty spots on one of the beds. I looked under the sheets at the mattress, and it was filthy--- food dripped down the side, and I don't even want to think about what else was on there. Furniture was very "well-used". The chair in the room looked filthy. The breakfast was mediocre. I realize this is the south, but sausage gravy and hard biscuits is not our thing. There were no scrambled eggs, just hard-boiled. There is not enough seating in the breakfast area. As for the workout room- there were only three pieces of equipment there, and 1 was not working. Overall, I would expect this kind of accommodations in a $50-60 hotel. This hotel is over-priced, and needs to be kept cleaner!

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel have a view of a big, trash-filled hill leading up to the interst...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My family and I traveled to Valdosta for the weekend to visit Wild Adventures for a concert. The front desk clerk that checked us in was very professional and well trained. After traveling all day it felt good to feel welcomed when we arrived. We were on the second floor near the balcony area. The rooms were standard but not well maintained. The bedding was very worn and the towels were as thin as the sheets on the bed. When I wet a face towels the water ran through it as if it had a hole in the fabric. Absolutely no terry attached. On the 2nd day of our stay I asked the housekeeper if I could get some more towels and the trash removed. She said "No towels" and took the trash from one waste basket and put it in the one in the bathroom which was empty and left it there. She seemed as if she couldn't speak or understand English. I called the front desk to inform them of what happened. Another housekeeper came to bring the towels. The towels were brand new and had not been washed. My husband went to a nearby TJ Maxx and purchased towels which we washed at a nearby laudromat which was very inconvenient. While sitting outside my room in the balcony area I heard what seemed to be the owner harrassing and yelling at the young ladies at the front desk. Telling one of them that she stole forty thousand dollars last year. I guess that's the reason that they haven't upgraded. It broke my heart to hear someone use their position as power. Breakfast was decent. The same young lady that checked us in was also working breakfast on the day that we were checking out. I suggest more than one waffle maker. Breakfast was very busy but the two people that was working in the area did a great job replinishing items. Shayla was so nice at check out that I didn't bother her with my complaint.

Room Tip: Bring bath towels from home
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family