“Average Hotel - In this case a good thing”

Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
GreenLeadersGold level
Louisville, Kentucky
“Average Hotel – In this case a good thing”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

What is an “average” hotel? It could be a mediocre hotel that exceeds expectations in some way, such as value or service. Or it could be a “high end” hotel that disappoints in some way. However, a truly “average” hotel should be just that: a middle-of-the-road experience which meets your needs and provides clean and safe accommodation, but isn't really that memorable for either good or bad. This perfectly describes the Sleep Inn in Valdosta, Georgia.
For our trip to Florida, my wife and I decided to stay in Valdosta after our first day of driving. As other people have noted, it makes a good half-way point when you are traveling to South Florida. So after 11 hours of driving we pulled into the Sleep Inn in Valdosta. Everything about the place is perfectly adequate - good basic accommodation. The price is about average for the area. Our room was slightly larger than average with a king bed. The bed was comfortable and everything was clean. The room had a microwave, a refrigerator and an iron and ironing board. The TV was an older model, but it had a good picture. There was also a dehumidifier running when we got into the room. I wondered about that, but the room didn't smell damp or musty.
The bathroom was good, but there was an odd sign on the counter listing the prices of towels and bed linens. That suggests to me that they have had a problem with people taking things. However we didn't have any problem either in the hotel or in the area. The hotel has a pool, but we didn't use it. The hotel also offers a continental breakfast, with a couple of hot items. It was mostly OK. However, they kept the sausage in a crock pot full of hot water, which pulled out the flavor.
In short, I can't complain about the Sleep Inn Valdosta. It's not great, but it has everything you would need for a night or two. And that's really all we wanted.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank appellatereview

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Shuttle to airport for pickup? Check. Clean room? Check. Comfortable bed? Check. Complimentary breakfast? Check. Spacious room? Check. Good water pressure in shower and at vanity? Check. Fast check-in service? Check. A/C working? Check. I flew into Valdosta from Atlanta because I could not get a seat on any flight going into Gainesville, FL, Jacksonville, Tampa or Orlando. So, I decided to try for Valdosta. While I was in the air, my husband got online to locate a hotel for me. Kudos to hubby because the Sleep Inn was terrific for my one overnight, shot in the dark, crash palace. The front desk graciously allowed me late check-out, too, because I had to wait until my husband could drive up from central FL to pick me up. I am happy to report a completely positive experience and whole heartedly recommend this property.

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Jo B
ALpharetta
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I stayed there this past weekend. The minute I arrived there were children running all around the hotel lobby and through out the halls. I told the clerk that I didn't like that fact that children were running around un supervised. I also told him I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be disturbed and received a good nights rest. He assured me that they would not be a problem. From the time I check in to the time I left for dinner the children were still running in the halls to and from the pool without adult supervision. My room was on the first floor. Later that evening when I returned from dinner, there were children above me, running back and forth, jumping up and down on the floor most and banging things most of the night. I complained at least three times. Once early in the eveing and at least twice after midnight, because the little rugrats were still running. late into the next day! The first time I called the clerk said all she could do was ask them to quiet down, DUGH! the second and third time my husband called and was told by the manager that he would check on it and ask them to quiet down. He reported to us only after we called the first time that there was only a one year old in the room. THERE IS NO WAY A WONE YEAR OLD COULD'VE MADE ALL THAT NOISE UNLESS HE WAS ONE HUGE ONE YEAR OLD. The second time we spoke to the manager LONG AFTER MIDNIGHT! we told him the situation had not changed, someone was still running in the room and banging things around, that when he told us is he had been upstairs and was told there was only a one year on in the room. We then invited the manager to come to our room an hear what we had to deal with and of course he declined. We asked to have our room charges reversed and of course he said he would see what he could do. We also asked that our calls and complaints be noted on our file..Early the next morning these same children were up bright and early to continue where they left off! When checked out the next day, we asked to speak to the manager because we saw that although the manager had noted our complaints,our room charges ha not been reversed. We asked to speak to the manager but the clerk said that he wouldn't be in until later. I then asked if there were someone else I could speak to and was give the General Manager;'s card. I called the General Manager that following Monday. I have yet to hear anything and they have already charged my account.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joyyoyos
Maryville, TN
Reviewed June 8, 2011

First, this hotel was very easy to find as it is right off the exit. With that said, eve being beside the interstate, it was one of the most sound proof hotels I've found. We were greeted by the general manager who actually checked us in and gave us a full description of the property. Room was extremely clean and fresh without the overwhelming scents of those odor hiding sprays most hotels use. My daughter and I took advantage of the pool which was very clean as well. Internet service was great which was important because my wife worked while we were swimming. Finally, breakfast was very tasty and had a hotel staffer dedicated to maintaining it the entire time. Will absolutely stay here again if we ever need to stop in Valdosta again.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank 51bdeere
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We travel I-75 regularly and stay here to break up the trip. We can always count on the staff to be friendly and helpful, the breakfast to be fresh and kept well stocked, and to get a good night's sleep in the comfortable rooms.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drhude
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 23, 2011

My family traveled to Valdosta for a family wedding; we were pleasantly surprised by the friendly staff and cleanliness of the rooms. Great value and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 1pickysleeper
Schoolcraft, Michigan
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This is the 3rd Sleep Inn that we have stayed at and each Sleep Inn has been very nice and comfortable. Rooms are clean, bed and pillows are great.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple