All reviews typical courtyard dog run room was clean healthy choices marriott property business trip comfortable place to stay staff was friendly working order front desk staff good nights sleep sitting area exercise room restaurants and shopping first floor would stay here again after a long day
Reviewed April 19, 2018

I suppose it's an evening thing front desk staff Jaylin I believe that was her name and any case no one word badges sill you really couldn't find out what their names were but condescending rude and did not really have much to say until she saw me packing my bags to leave the hotel then she ask are you leaving early my reply yes I am, of course she ask why my reply was you of course she ask why my reply was you.
I'm a firm believer of not spending my money where I am not pleased with the service.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
Alyssa B, General Manager at Courtyard Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback about your recent stay. Did you end up staying at our property? I would love to hear your feedback about your stay. I am very sorry for any issues you had and I would love to take the time to talk to you about it over the phone. Please give me a call at the property. (229) 241-1301

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

When I made the original reservation, i specifically asked for joining rooms. Reservations staff said they would request and note that at hotel. When we checked in there was no request for adjoining rooms and only after voicing my disappointment the staff told me “ if I was willing not to check in yet she would work on possibly finding a adjoining room for me”. She ask that I leave her a phone number to call me. (*note- this is after a 5 hr car ride and at 6 pm with no other guest at check in.)
We left the property to find dinner and 1+ hr later she called staying she found a room. “1 hour later”!!!!

Now it gets better. We walked into our room to find the nasty stained carpet, a sofa that looks like it came from the used furniture mart and a ac unit that would not cool a bathroom. I had to remove the filters to get enough air to cool the room.

I know you are asking why I did not call the front desk. I was afraid I would need to leave for another hr or more in hopes they would find another room. Keep in mind that this is a small Courtyard.

Wait, it gets better. !!!!!

You should see the furniture in lobby sitting area. Talking about nasty. Good god, please somebody send Marriott some money. They need help buying a few chairs. I have seen cleaner seats in a hospital waiting room.

Marriott. You are better than this. As a Marriott member and cc holder you have disappointed this customer with your lack of attention and I know the Marriott executives and their wives would not stay in a property like this so you should not ask your paying customers to.

All this said, the staff was very nice and the out side appeared clean and well kept. Management must pay attention to detail. As a Marriott customer we know you are better than this.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Alyssa B, General Manager at Courtyard Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback about your recent stay. I do want to apologize for any issues you had as our goal is the be sure that we do our best to make our guest as comfortable as possible. As you did point out your request not being on your reservation would not have allowed us the time to be able to figure this out before you came in and said you had requested adjoining rooms. I cannot speak as to why it was not on your reservation but this why the front desk associate requested the time to be able to figure it out for you. I completely understand that this was inconvenient for you but the front desk was trying to take the time to meet your request. I do want to let you know that in the future you should be aware that request are not guaranteed but we do our best to make them a priority. As far as your other issues I will definitely bring it to my staff's attention to be sure to investigate these issues further. If you would like to speak to me directly you are more than welcome to contact me at the property. I hope that you have a great day. Thank you again.

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Nice stay! Dog friendly and comfortable place to stay. It is off the beaten path, however where you need to be!

I have stayed before and this stay topped the previous experience.

When you are greeted at the front desk with enthusiasm, warmth, friendliness and charm nothing can go wrong!
Jalene, was an example of what makes a hotel buzz! She was very responsive, answered all questions with care and concern. Very engaging and a tremendous assets to the property!

We ordered from the Bistro and Damaris was quirky and fun. She was great with answering questions about the food as well as making sure our order was well prepared and tasty!

Note: could add a couple of more things on the menu. The Caesar salad, wings, grilled cheese sandwich and the tomato soup was very good.

Both made the stay 4 star! You can be proud of how well Marriott was represented!

The room was great and quiet. Dog run area was clean and accessible!

Keep up the great work.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2018

I grew up in Valdosta and come back to visit my family about twice a year. Sometimes by myself, and sometimes with my husband and two children. I have stayed in the Courtyard on each trip for the past five years and it is my home away from home. I have very high standards for hotels and can I highly recommend the Courtyard as a hotel with that is upscale, and has consistently had excellent service. I am very particular about a hotel and I have high standards for style, cleanliness and noise, and I have never been disappointed by the Courtyard. I have always had a great experience there.

The hotel staff are first rate. I got to talk to the assistant manager during my last stay and he was very helpful and wanted to be sure my accommodations were as good they usually are. The front desk staff go out of their way to be kind and accommodating. The cleaning staff are very nice and conscientious about their work.

I definitely recommend the Courtyard and plan to stay there every time I go home.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2018

Stayed here one night traveling down to Florida and was very pleased. The rooms had everything you would want, well appointed, but did only have one coffee in room. Had all the amenities you would want, except free breakfast. A pleasant surprise was the balcony with the room which was a perfect morning spot to enjoy coffee overlooking the pool. Property has free parking, exercise room, outdoor pool and hot tub (note, neither were heated). In a busy area off the Interstate, which restaurants and shopping surrounding the location. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: ask for an upper floor overlooking the pool to avoid looking at the parking lot.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family