“GREAT STAY!”
Review of Courtyard Valdosta

Courtyard Valdosta
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Travelling on business; decided to stay at the Courtyard because of its location and we like Marriott hotels. The hotel was very clean, staff friendly and the Bistro served good food. The room was clean and comfortable. Have a great Fitness Center and nice big pool and patio area. Alot of restaurants close by along with a mall directly across the street.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were traveling home from FL and decided to break up the trip by staying in Valdosta. The Courtyard was in a very good neighborhood and was very clean. The staff was helpful and friendly. They helped with directions to the Smok'n Pig Bar B Que. A great place to eat. Initially, I thought the bed was worn out because when I sat down on it it sunk down like a hammock. When I lay on it to sleep it was OK. Might be time to replace it or at least flip it to the other side.

Room Tip: Go ahead and pay the Stay for breakfast because it will be $20 plus for two people at the Courtyards...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I always love to visit Valdosta for a week-end about once a month. My parents and children reside in Valdosta and we always need a place to land and get some well needed rest. This hotel always offers friendly service, prompt answers to any questions, and on our last visit, we were greeted with complimentary drinks from the manager (Gregory Frier), just for being regular visitors. As usual, the room was clean and relaxation was all mine!! Thanks so much for all your great hospitality Mariott!!

Room Tip: Third Floor, my favorite!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed here one night (visited Wild Adventures 15 minutes away). Clean room, friendly staff. Only negative was breakfast was crowded and food was not replenished quickly enough. Needed more staff during eating hours. Snacks in the lobby for purchase including microwave items and ice cream. Great value for a nice hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was given such high comments, but our experience was different. We were greeted by a friendly fella, but after 10pm no one was to be found in the lobby. We checked out very early 5:30am -- still a ghost crew.

Walls are very Very VEry VERy VERY THIN!!! We wanted to complain about a kid jumping and running around the room above us, but no on at front desk. Did not sleep well at all.
The decor could use a make over. I know this town does not have a lot to pick from, but the room rates at this hotel are way too high for what you get.

Close to everything, but pay less at another hotel and get the same or better accommodations.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We needed a hotel room for the night on our drive down to Florida. We wanted the Fairfield Inn as breakfast is included but due to using a promo free night code they were out of 2 queen beds. I made the reservation with the code. upon checking in, I was told everything was set. We purchased food at The Bistro. Although it was late, it was very busy. I felt bad for the one server. He was swamped but very friendly. Food was mediocre at best. Room was clean, which was great! Woke up early to hit the road. No receipt under the door, which was strange. I went to the front desk to find a $28.00 room charge. The clerk told me it was for the food. I showed him the food charge of $23.xx was also on there. He looked at me helpless. He said he couldn't do anything but would show a manager. I asked to please be called. Needless to say, I never received a call. I had to call back and speak to Greg. After two phone calls it was straightened out. I will watch to make sure the charge gets reversed. No apology or offer of applying some points to my Marriott acct. I just felt it wasn't the normal Marriott expectation. Difficult to find from highway.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

A little tricky to get to from the freeway, however once you are there it is very good. The greeting was complete; at check in we received in writing about how to access the Wi~fi. Chech out was also easy. Very good staff, the room was large, comfortable, and clean,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard-Valdosta, General Manager at Courtyard Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for posting your comments on your recent stay at our Courtyard in Valdosta. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future!

Tammy Buckley