“Very nice...a definite do over!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Valdosta

Courtyard Valdosta
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Atlanta
“Very nice...a definite do over!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Booked this hotel from priceline and was very pleased. Loved the location, not on the main strip but close to lots of restaurants. Easy to get on and off the interstate.
The room was very spacious and was more than enough room for the two of us. Typical Courtyard, which is always good! Didn't hear any noise during the night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Courtyard-Valdosta, General Manager at Courtyard Valdosta, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your comments and we will look forward to your return visit.

Tammy Buckley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Aventura, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was not my first trip to Valdosta or this property. I returned becasue it is a great value and offers the best location off Exit 18 in Valdosta. Easy to walk to shopping center or restaurants. The rooms are nicely appointed, quiet and extgremely clean. The staff is very friendly and well trained.

Room Tip: I had Room 229 which had two queen beds, faced west and was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
My team and I want to thank you for giving us such a great review! It was our pleasure to serve you and we hope that you will return in the near future.

Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Marriott hotels are my hotels of choice. I've tried both Marriott brands in Valdosta and the Fairfield Inn is superior to this one. This Courtyard is actually in a better location: walking distance to restaurants like Chili's and Buffalo Wild Wings, but for a business traveler there are better alternatives. Theroom is spacious. I had 2 queen beds and there was still room for the easy chair and ottoman. Room had a balcony overlooking the pool. However, the sliding glass door latch was broken (fortunately they had a slide stop to prevent the door from sliding), glass was dirty and there were charred marks on the outside walls where previous guests stubbed out their cigarettes. Room had a microwave and mini fridge. Small but adequate desk. WiFi was very stable and didn't once drop after two days of havingmy laptop connected. Sink was separate from the toilet/bath room. The sink had a shelf above the countertop which was convenient and kept things dry. Sink faucet leaked when turning it on.Low quality towels.Bathroom exhaust fan was LOUD. Bed was very comfortable. Lots of ugly spotlights outside. Other than the pool, you're looking at the side of an extended stay hotel next door. Entrance door slammed shut, so be careful not to disturb others. I take the stairs and they were carpeted and clean. Courtyard has their counter service bistro in the lobby. The chalk board indicated a happy hour. I asked what were specials and was told "some appitizers and some drinks." Thanks for the great description of what every happy hour is. After further interrogation (!) I found domestic beers were $1 off. There, that wasn't hard was it? When I came back to the hotel, I had 10 minutes left of happy hour but could not find anyone to serve. Had to go to the front desk for help. In the morning, at 6:30 am, the lights were still not turned on and they were just opening. Seems late to me. I will say the b/f staff was very friendly and attentive. $10.84 for b/f sandwich yogurt and tea. A big negative to me was lack of a coffee stand in the lobby. Shouldn't this be a standard offering? Fitness room had 2 treadmills, eliptical and stepper; dumbbells up to 50 lbs and a bench. Think I'll try Hilton Garden Inn next visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Futbol14
Courtyard-Valdosta, General Manager at Courtyard Valdosta, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Sir and/or Madam,

Thank you for sharing your concerns from your recent stay at our Courtyard by Marriott in Valdosta, Georgia.

My name is Tammy Buckley and I am the new General Manager. I am aware of your concerns and your comments will assist me in re-training our Team and correct these customer service issues. I also want to thank you for the positive areas you pointed out.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves and to serve you and your lodging needs in the near future.

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I found this hotel, by luck, driving home from Florida to Chicago. I was exausted and sick and all I wanted was a nice bed. I got much more than that. The gentleman behind the front desk (I totally forgot his name, maybe James????) was absolutely the nicest guy. He really seemed to care and even offered me some Advil after I mentioned that I was sick. He was so sweet and really is a great asset to that hotel.
The manager, on the other hand, was not the friendliest person I have met. He was a bit on the ruder side, but the guy at the desk definitely made up for it. Thanks so much for doing a great job! Keep up the work.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kimberly K
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed on the way north for a night. Front staff extremely friendly. Room was oversized and very comfortable. Would recommend for a night or more. Close to the University and convenient to places to eat.

• Stayed December 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel while traveling to Florida for the holidays. The hotel is a bit hidden behind the mall away from I-75. The staff was fantastic throughout my stay. My ground floor room was ready, very clean and had the extra pillows I had requested. Given its location its very quite with no interstate traffic. They have a nice outdoor hot tub and pool which is open year around as well. The hot tub was nice and relaxing on the night I stayed as the outside temp was around 50 degrees.

I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through or to the Valdosta area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ddmullis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Clean rooms on par with most Courtyards. The front desk amd breakfast staff were fantastic. Great value that includes breakfast. Close to the highway. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Big fan of the courtyard hotels

• Stayed December 2012