“Good overall”
Review of Courtyard Valdosta

Courtyard Valdosta
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed November 24, 2012

After staying at Fairfields (good budget value) on this trip, it was nice to have the little upgrades at the Courtyard.

Good bed
Spacious
Mostly clean hotel

Way overpriced breakfast
Not nearly enough luggage carts ( I know this seems like a nit-picky thing, but it was an issue on checkin and checkout; they know what capacity is and should accommodate necessarily).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have been staying at the Courtyard because we needed a place to stay for the South Georgia Classic Golf tournament, where we have been volunteering for the past couple of years. It was a good choice, the place is quiet, but convenient for nearby restaurants and shops, the rooms a spacious and the restaurant facilities are good! The last time we stayed there we were upgraded, which added to the quality of our stay and was very much appreciated, since it included a balcony - welcome addition if you are a lover of fresh air!! We will definitely be back in April 2013, and are already looking forward to it!! Although it is more expensive than other hotels of similar standard it is worth it to book early and possible get the prepaid rate - cheaper!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We arrived on Thursday Novemember 1, 2012. Check in was quick. The room was ok. The bathroom had whiskers on the counter and the coffee pot had a thick layer of dusk with gray hair on it.

The towels were thin and rough, the Paul Mitchell shampoo would have been great if the bottles were not empty. We tried to call the front desk to change rooms but nobody answered. We gave up, went to sleep and told the desk clerk the next morning.

When we returned Sat evening the room was clean but a very loud family moved in next to us. They ran up and down the halls yelling, banging doors and for an extra fun treat, they pounded on their wall. By 11:30PM I had enough and called the front desk. Again no answer. We went to the room ourselves and after speaking with the parents who were in another connecting room, things quieted down.

On a good note the bed was comfortable and the WIFI worked well.

I chose this hotel because Courtyards are usually a good choice. Not this one. It was more expensive then other hotels in the area that had better reviews. Lesson learned on this bad choice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ariesfire
David F, General Manager at Courtyard Valdosta, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear ariesfire,

Thank you for the review about your recent stay with us here in Valdosta. We are sorry to hear of the issues you mentioned and we have taken steps to focus on these items with our Housekeeping staff. Our goal is for you to have an outstanding and pleasurable stay. We hope to see you again if you are in the area. We wish you safe travels.
General Manager-Courtyard-Valdosta

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I am in the USAF and was TDY in Valdosta for the recent airshow at Moody AFB. Myself and eight other members stayed at this hotel for the week we were in town. The first night we got in it was kind of late so we didn't "check things out". After returning from work the next day, my room hadn't been cleaned and it was about 7pm. As I was making my own bed, I noticed dried chocolate on the bottom of the bedspread. I continually tried to get in touch with the front desk to no avail. I even went down a couple of times and there was no one manning the desk. My roommate and I eventually went to bed because we had to be up early the next day. Upon returning from work the following day, around 5pm, the cleaning ladies were in the hall. My roommate and I were thinking, okay, our room has been cleaned. We walked in and NOTHING was done. (This is now two days in a row) I called the front desk and explained the situation. I told them I knew my bedding hadn't been changed from the previous stay because of the chocolate on the bedspread, which is DISGUSTING!!! They sent someone immediately. The woman they sent up was very rude!!! My roommate and I left so we wouldn't be in the way. When we came back, our bathroom items-razors, loofas, etc..- were in the tub and on the floor...definetely NOT how we left them. I didn't make a complaint because I was giving the woman the benefit of the doubt-maybe she was also having a bad day. The following days they would ask if we needed towels and my roommate would ask them to make my bed, but that's it. After two days of to-go boxes, water bottles, etc..started to pile up, I went downstairs-it was about 2am-to get a trash bag to throw away the trash the "cleaning ladies" did not throw away. The lady at the front desk was nice but her uniform was very sloppy and her name tag was upside down. The folowing day after that, the cleaning lady asked me if we needed anything and I told her no. I had already done their job. I left the room. My roommate came downstairs and told me their was a light tap at the door. As she went to answer it, one of the cleaning ladies came in and said she didn't know anyone was in the room-the same lady that asked me if we needed anything. She told her yes and this lady gave her a dirty look and told her I said we didn't need anything. My roommate said, "Okay, if she told you we don't need anything, then we're good". With much attitude the woman said "We'll do it anyways". Our room hadn't been cleaned at all. They just replaced the towels and made the beds. As we were packing up our stuff, my roommate noticed her nice dress that was hanging in the closet was taken off the hanger and thrown in the top of the closet. (By the way, my roommate and I hid our toothbrushes every single morning after the first encounter!!!) The next morning we thought we were checking out, but our boss told the front desk to hold the rooms just in case one of our jets didn't make it up. One of them didn't. We had to check back in and we got the same rooms as before. My boss said he knew his bedsheets hadn't been changed for someone else, in case we didn't come back, because he spilled a little bit of tea on one of the sheets the previous night and when he got back in the room, the sheets hadn't been changed because the spot was still there. All in all, this was the WORST hotel experience I have EVER had and being I go TDY A LOT do to being military, that is pretty bad. Our group is recommending to our chain of command NO ONE we send to Moody EVER use this hotel!!!!! Oh and the other guys we stayed with said their trash wouldn't be taken out for a few days either. I would sleep in my car before I'd EVER use this hotel again!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms at ANY other hotel would be better!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Amber R

Dear Amber R.

I thank you for taking time to write such a candid review. I can assure you that your issues will be addressed with the staff. Please know that this is certainly not the level of service that we offer to our guests. The service to our guest is and shall be our main priority. We will take steps to make sure that you and all of our guests are taken care of moving forward. Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations but do know that your comments are welcomed and will be used as a tool for improvement. Safe travels to you and thank you for your service.
GM-Courtyard-Valdosta

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We visit Valdosta often and always stay in the Courtyard. The rooms are extremely clean and roomy. The staff is excellent and always helpful in meeting our needs. They even know us by name. We love having the Bistro and Bar available. This location is very convenient to shopping, restaurants, theatres, and VSU. We highly recommend and maybe we will see you there!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here on our way back to Florida. A little difficult to find once we left the interstate,(Thank goodness for our GPS.) not enough directional signs. The front desk help was very professional, well dress uniform. The room was clean, bathroom adequate. Close to restaurants. And a good night sleep!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I've found that people overrate establishments, so I rate them based upon what I feel they are truly worth. If I've given it a "very good" or "excellent" then it truly is. This establishmnet is one that I stay at on my way to a Florida vacation and have done so for several years. It has been updated, the beds are comfortable, the staff courteous and professional. I would not hesitate to recommend it for personal or business travel. I reserve two rooms, one for my wife and myself, the other for my daughter and her family. Her little girl likes the pool as the first night for our trip and looks forward to it each year. I hope you too have a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Good location off I-75 and convenient to multiple dining choices.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family