“Not worth the money.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Thomasville, Georgia
“Not worth the money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

I would never stay here at this hotel again. From the way it looks outside, it looks run down. The rooms are bearable on the inside. I've stayed in better "cheap" motels than this one. The beds were smaller than what I'm normally used to. It had a very small television with some channels that didn't work and the remote control didn't even work. The TV guide in the room was off from the channels on the TV. Where the table and chairs are, one of the chairs is ready to fall in when you sit in it. There was not enough light in the bathroom causing it to be somewhat dark and the toilet was not as clean. They have no added security locks on the doors, it would be easy for someone to pick and break in. The people here are not pleasant at all, they are quiet rude. I booked this hotel online and he claimed there wasn't a reservation made and looked at me like I was crazy. Also I walk in the door to inquire directions and he says "what do you want." I paid $103 for a weekend which isn't much, but at the same time, this room was not worth the money. When I booked it online, it said it had a pool which there is no pool in sight. When I got here, I tried to cancel but I was told I couldn't or I would be charged for a night's stay. So I'm having to grin and bear it.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank jimattack

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

I booked a stay here in January for our yearly trip to Orlando. I saw that they charged my credit card in February but since I never stayed at a Scottish Inn before, I thought well....this way this part of our trip will be paid for before we go.
Well we get there in September and they ask for my card. I tell them that they had already charged my account in Februaury. They stated that they did not do that. I paid and knew that this would be settled when I filed a complaint with my credit card when I came home.
Well....come to find out...the hotel told the credit card company that I made 2 reservations, one in Februaury that I did not cancel and 1 in September. What a ball faced lie. I had to send in copies of my confirmations to prove that I only made 1 reservation.
Do not stay here...They are not honest and the hotel really is not that nice.

• Liked — Close to Craker Barrel
  • Disliked — The Staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank smitette
Chipley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

Although this hotel was an older one, the owners keep it very clean. The room was quite comfortable and had free wi-fi.
There are plenty of great places to eat and shop within just a few hundred feet from the site. Price for dining ranged from the $ - $$ dollar range. There are also a couple of pubs very close by.
For the cost per night, you can't beat the service and location!
I have a service dog and he was well received, but this location also allows "Pets" with a deposit. That is an important factor to many people traveling.

• Liked — Friendly staff and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Older accomodations
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cfarmerbrown2