“Wonderful place for great fresh, locally sourced food!”
Review of Steel Magnolias

Steel Magnolias
Ranked #2 of 242 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Steel Magnolias in Valdosta, GA our food base is urban Southern, taking the roots of classic Southern cuisine and showing a new way of looking at them. We serve our fare with an old familiar smile, where our patrons are surprised by a new approach, yet still know the secret handshake. We prepare the best quality ingredients at the freshest possible point and allow them to speak for themselves. We support local farmers and Artesian producers in an effort to become a supporting element in the community and drive our “eat local, be local” philosophy.
Lake City, Florida
“Wonderful place for great fresh, locally sourced food!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

The owners and wait staff are very personable and helpful. Great new twists on southern favorites. The roof top is a great place to eat, enjoy the live music and have a drink.

• Visited June 2013

Fitzgerald, Georgia
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I met friends there for lunch Saturday. The food, service, and ambience were so nice that we went back for the rooftop experience on Saturday night. Very, very nice!

Bradenton, Florida, USA
“Best Lunch & Great Value”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I'm so glad we went here! On our trip from Sarasota, FL to Atlanta I thought Valdosta looked like a good place for us to stop for lunch. Following trip advisees suggestions, we went to Steel Magnolias. We went at 11:30 on a Thursday. Parking was no problem and we were the only people in the restaurant. It was cute in there and I liked how they rolled their silverware in rags. Only thing was that we did kind of want to sit on the roof that I read about on her, but they didn't say anything about it, so we didn't ask. I'm a server and don't like to bother my servers. They let us pick our seat, but I didn't want to ask about the roof. Anyway, we had the deviled eggs and fried okra as appetizers and they were both so good. The honey and pecans on the okra was original and delicious. For my main dish I had the fried chicken sandwich with garlic aioli and sweet potato fries and my boyfriend got a Cuban. They were both SO GOOD! The bread was even amazing. My chicken was so flavorful that it was almost overpowering, but I messed with the sandwich's integrity by removing the tomato which would have cooled it down, so no complaints. It came with a cabbage slaw and it was just tasty town. The sweet potato fries had honey and shaved parmesan on them and were crispy goodness. Even the Cuban was good. We both were going to save half our sandwiches for later and couldn't once we started eating. Overall, great prices, food, the staff was super friendly, and if I lived in Valdosta I'd be a regular.

West Palm Beach, Florida
“One of the best Southern Food restaurants”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

It's an interesting restaurant with the kitchen up front and a huge dining room. The service was brisk but not exactly connected. This Friday night was party night and we were surrounded by tables of young ladies. Good to look at and I happy for the owner. But the noose level was frankly intolerable. Having said that the food was memorable and I would come back for it but not on party night.

Chula, Georgia
“Best Restaurant in Valdosta”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

If you really want a great atmosphere, great food, no! I mean REALLY Great food!!, this is the place. The owner is working on the floor at all times and will make sure you are taken care of to the utmost quality! Try the Shrimp and Grits (my favorite), better than Charleston!

Visited August 2013