“Great place to go for lunch on a Saturday afternoon!!”
Review of Steel Magnolias

Steel Magnolias
Ranked #2 of 242 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Steel Magnolias in Valdosta, GA our food base is urban Southern, taking the roots of classic Southern cuisine and showing a new way of looking at them. We serve our fare with an old familiar smile, where our patrons are surprised by a new approach, yet still know the secret handshake. We prepare the best quality ingredients at the freshest possible point and allow them to speak for themselves. We support local farmers and Artesian producers in an effort to become a supporting element in the community and drive our “eat local, be local” philosophy.
Valdosta, Georgia
“Great place to go for lunch on a Saturday afternoon!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I loved the atmosphere of this place. It made me feel as though I was in a cute little country restaurant except with better food. We ordered the crab and artichokes for starters and then I had Cuban pulled pork sandwich. Everything came out hot and fresh! The food was delicious. My only concern was the noise. With all the waitresses trying to talk over all the patrons, it got very loud. So in the end, I'd recommend this place as long as it is only half way full.

Sandy Springs, Georgia
“Highlight of our Trip!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I'm attending a conference in Valdosta, my first time visiting the city. I wasn't expecting to eat anywhere other than the typical chains, but we got a couple of suggestions to try out one of the few restaurants downtown. On our second night, we chose Steel Magnolias. This place was so unexpected, and so fantastic! We ordered the deviled eggs with bacon for a starter (great choice) followed by a cherry and feta salad (another great choice). I tried the duck breast mixed with duck sausage... beautifully presented and even better tasting! I had a bite of my coworker's pork chop, some local sausage and their ribeye special. All were fantastic. The best, as is often the case, came at the end, with the peanut-butter-chocolate-sea-salt pie. One of the best desserts I've ever tasted (fan favorite of all the folks at the table, too). If you're in the area, take a moment to check them out. The history of the building is cool, too.

• Visited February 2013
Sandia Park, New Mexico
“A ]really pleasant surprise in downtown Valdosta”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was in Valdosta for business and had been pretty much underwhelmed with the food scene. Then I found Steel Magnolias! Now, I am looking forward to the next trip just so I can eat here again. I sat at the chef's bar, which was great fun by itself. Everything I saw them prepare looked so very tasty. Then, I ate way more than I needed because the food looked so good that just I had to sample something from each course on the menu. It was wonderful to find such an amazing menu in such a relaxed and comfortable setting. Make no mistake, this is not where you go to get huge piles of mediocre food for cheap prices. This is fine dining with a southern flair. For me, it was a revelation. It was wonderful to find this meal in this town and I will definitely be visiting here again. The staff was really friendly and they clearly like what they do and where they do it, the atmosphere was fun and eclectic, and the food was as good as it looked...

• Visited February 2013
“Get off the beaten path (I 75) for this!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We were headed home to Ohio after 2 wks in Florida and we don't eat at chains when we travel. Found Steel Magnolias through Trip Advisor & worked it into our driving. With a Southern emphasis, there are no vegan features but we ordered a smorgasbord of vegetarian sides (fried okra, two kinds of grits, a superb salad, sweet potatoes.) Service was top notch despite a big event that night (some kind of local Father/Daughter dance.) Menu offerings were creative. Good pairings. Everyone seemed happy and having a good time. We also had a divine blackberry torte.

El Paso, Illinois
“This is no Ladies Lunch Cafe”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I love a place where after looking at the menu I know I could eat there for a week. I love a place where they are confident enough to put the kitchen out in the open. I love a place where you can't tell the owner from the wait staff. I love a place where the food is as good as the menu promises, the portions are generous, and the wait staff is attentive without being intrusive. Steel Magnolias is all of these things and more. My tip is for ladies to bring their husbands. This place serves manly portions, makes a great pulled pork, terrific burger and fabulous Poboy. Add in some fries or a salad and you have really good food in a setting that is inviting and a bit out of the norm. Terrific music adds to the ambiance. We stopped on our way through Georgia and will do so again on our return trip because my husband liked this one as much as I did. His tip is to get the deviled eggs as a starter. You won't be disappointed.