“My favorite restaurant in Valdosta... well, anywhere!”
Review of Steel Magnolias

Steel Magnolias
Ranked #3 of 246 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Steel Magnolias in Valdosta, GA our food base is urban Southern, taking the roots of classic Southern cuisine and showing a new way of looking at them. We serve our fare with an old familiar smile, where our patrons are surprised by a new approach, yet still know the secret handshake. We prepare the best quality ingredients at the freshest possible point and allow them to speak for themselves. We support local farmers and Artesian producers in an effort to become a supporting element in the community and drive our “eat local, be local” philosophy.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I love Steel Magnolias. My husband and I try to go there at least once a month for dinner, and I go there quite often for lunch. We always receive excellent service and the chef/owner is very nice and accommodating. I have asked for items that are not on the menu and they go above and beyond to get it for me. I suggest trying their deviled eggs or the pimento cheese/bbq pork wontons! Absolutely wonderful.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The day was beautiful so we sat outside. I love a good cheeseburger but this one was so hard and dry. Nothing added at all. No lettuce, tomato, onion. Finally got the waitress to bring a little container of mayonaise and when one of my co-workers asked for mayo, the waitress pointed at mine and said, "there's plenty for you right here!" Ugh!

2  Thank Margie B
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have only had drink and desert here on the roof top bar, but both times it was a great experience. The service was good and pretty fast considering that they were slammed busy the second time I was there, so the bartenders were very attentive and helpful. The deserts where really good! We had a creme brûlée bread pudding that was sinfully delicious! And some pear tart thing that was pretty good as well. I liked that there was live music playing and in general the atmosphere is really cool.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Second time eating here, a year ago today. Very cute place, we said we wanted to go back this year. This time we ate at the rooftop bar. Blessed with beautiful weather, it was so pretty looking down on the historic district . Our server- bartender Beverly was so helpful recommending popular dishes. I never in a million years would think I would like a garlic martini, it was great and went well with my meal,I usually have wine with dinner.I got the shrimp and grits, best I ever had. My husband got the braised short ribs with creamed Brussels Sprouts, so yummy... Finished with a peanut butter pie, again, best I ever had! Great service, great food, great view. What more could you ask for...

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great selection well prepared -- owner was instrumental in the preparation of our dinner and the waitress was excellent