“What a dump and staff was very rude”

Baymont Inn & Suites Valdosta at Valdosta Mall
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed August 13, 2009

The room was dumpy ,smelled like aninal urine carpets were very stained. Beer can, and dead roaches under nightstand. No coffee cups in the room. No refrigerator in room like we were suppose to have.Staff would not remedy any of these issues.We asked to speak to a manger and were told there was no manager on duty.WE went to use the pool and there was a dirty dialper and dirty towels all around,Exerscise room was dirty and hot. I assure you we will never stay in this motel again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Valdosta at Valdosta Mall

Reviewed May 2, 2009

Traveling for a family funeral is not an easy task. Tensions are high and emotions are across the board. It was a pleasure to come into the office and have such a warm pleasant person at the desk. The room was very clean and I AM a clean freak when it comes to hotels. The area is very well lit, in an active part of town - in the same lot as the mall. (Not noisy though). As 2 women traveling alone, we felt very safe. - (I would have preferred if it was an inside entrance to the rooms instead of 'motel' style.)

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2009

We travel with our dogs, so the only choices in Valdosta were this hotel or La Quinta, who wanted $150 for their room. This room was $80 plus tax. The room was very neat. However, there were two small towels by the sink which had not been picked up from the people before. I just threw them in the laundry bag that was provided. I too, saw a small roach crawl out of the shower drain. I just ran the shower and let it go down the drain. I did not see any others after that. Obviously, I do not complain too much and tried to make the best of it since it is so hard to find a reasonably priced hotel that allows dogs. My fellow dog travelers will understand what I mean. Overall, it was a nice, comfortable stay with tons of restaurants around for the hungry. The staff was pleasant and the breakfast was fair.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2009

Hotel is located next to the mall in Valdosta. Many restaurants, shops, and the mall itself within walking distance. Our king room was very clean, roomy, updated bed linens and extremely comfortable pillows and mattress. Shower head needs to be replaced, but bathroom was tidy. Microwave and refrigerator included. Breakfast offerings were more than expected - cereals, waffles, muffins, biscuits, oatmeal, fruit, and juices. We were stopping in on a drive home from Florida, and this was a great deal for a quick overnight stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2009

We pulled in late and were given keys to two rooms on the upper floor. After hauling all our stuff up, we discovered that both our rooms were dirty. There was soda pop residue on the desks.
The towels had dirt smudges. The bathroom floor had URINE MARKS on it!!

We asked for rooms elsewhere and were given two first floor rooms. The desk people informed us that it must have been the maid that never does a good job. Well then why continue to employ her??

the new rooms were ok, but we saw roaches running around!

NEVER will we stay here again. I just prayed that the roaches wouldn't come up on my bed while I was sleeping. It was too late to go anywhere else at that point.

What a stay. They gave us a 4 dollar refund the next day! Talk about completely insulting and ridiculous! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank JoJoGulfCoast_FL
Reviewed July 6, 2008

Very attractive motel nestled in a mall parking lot - but private due to large walls and shrubbery. Friendly staff, clean room. We stayed 2 nights and it was nice and quiet. Lots of restaurants in walking distance. Very nice free breakfast with plenty of choices, New carpet, and manager says they're getting new mattresses in July. The Hampton Inn right next door is around $40 a night more.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2008

Stayed here in June. Not that great of a place. When we arrived there was newspaper in the bottom of the pool. We were told that the guy that was suppose to get it out went home and had never came back. I got on the treadmill to workout. A fuse must have blown because the treadmill and the tv went off. I went to the maintenance guy who was finally getting there getting the newspaper out of the pool after my wife begin to get it out and he told me he didn't know how to fix it. Next morning, internet was out. Front desk manager told me he didn't know how to fix it. You'll see this common theme that no one can fix or do anything.... Breakfast, so so, ran out of milk, went to tell guy in charge, tells me ok. 10 minutes later, no milk. My wife goes up they tell her they are going to store to get milk. For a place that advertises "A perfect stay every time" this is far from perfect. I know things go wrong but come on, have someone around that knows what they are doing and can handle customer issues. The rooms were sprayed down prior to arrival to mask some kinds of smells. Could be pet/smoke??? I saw a cat next door in the window. Who knows??? This place is not a 2-1/2 star as priceline says. More like 1-1/2. Not the worst place I have seen but would not stay here again nor would I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank kawahl