Baymont Inn & Suites Valdosta at Valdosta Mall
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Valdosta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Could we call this place adequate? It met my basic needs -- a bed and a bathroom. Beyond that, I can't say great things about the Baymont. The room was clean but worn and the bathroom smelled sour. I suspect the shower curtain was the culprit although it showed no mildew. The breakfast was average, but the breakfast room was tiny -- with seating for no more than 8 people. It was so crowded that I went elsewhere to have breakfast. They need to make the lobby smaller and increase the breakfast room size. With so many rooms available in Valdosta I'll look for something better next time I visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The rooms were clean, the staff was helpful and the location was very good. I had several issues during my stay which I’ve listed below:

1. Changed rooms Twice: The first room A/C was not getting cold, the second room was a no smoking room which someone had been smoking in.

2. When I arrived at 11:00 am the pool was closed because it had been treated and didn’t open until 2:00 pm, it was a very hot day and having the pool available would have been a great benefit after a long drive.

3. Breakfast was ok but the hotel advertised that there would be biscuits and gravy available for breakfast as well; there was biscuits but no gravy because the hotel attendant couldn’t find the can opener that morning.

Overall I would say it was a decent experience and I probably will find another hotel in the area on my next visit. I can say that the General Manager did give me a credit on my bill upon checkout for the inconvenience of having to change rooms. Great location for anyone visiting Wild Adventures and looking to do any shopping.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs overlooking the pool are quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Baymont46916, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Valdosta at Valdosta Mall, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Splackavellie,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent visit. Your satisfaction means so much to us. On behalf of the staff we'd like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and would also like to inform you that these issues have been addressed. We are in the process of renovating our property in order to prevent these issues and provide an exceptional experience for our valued customers. We do welcome you back the next time you're in the area to experience these changes and give us the opportunity to serve you once again.

Warmest Regards,

Gina M. Cox
GLENNVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The rooms were very clean, and the staff very helpfull, good location to the wild adventure park, the only problem was the brakfast are to small and not a good selection of food items

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Dear Leo M,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. On behalf of the entire staff I would like to thank you for your kind words. We do strive to provide excellent service to all guests. I have also address the issues you expressed with our staff and we have put in place some changes to address these issues so your next experience will be excellent. We invite you back on your next trip to Wild Adventures and do hope to see you again very soon.

Warmest Regards,

Gina M. Cox
Valdosta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I had to get an third room....First room was a smoking room. I asked for a non smoking room. Second room had garbage everywhere, took pictures and all showed the front desk. Arrived late at night all I needed was sleep and a clean room had to move my stuff Three times to room to room to finally get some sleep. First time at this location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Baymont46916, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Valdosta at Valdosta Mall, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Gary L,
Thank you for reviewing our property. We do appreciate your feedback, however, we regret that our property did not meet your needs and that your stay was less than satisfactory. We have since met with our staff and brought your comments and concerns to light and have been working hard to rectify this. We hope that once you're back in the area that you consider us once again so we can make things right with you.

Matthew Strickland