All reviewsvaldosta mallroom was cleanparking lotcontinental breakfastwaffle makerstay there againfront desk clerkstaff was friendlylong driveone night stayoff the highwayoatmealrandy
Reviewed July 5, 2008

Stayed here in June. Not that great of a place. When we arrived there was newspaper in the bottom of the pool. We were told that the guy that was suppose to get it out went home and had never came back. I got on the treadmill to workout. A fuse must have blown because the treadmill and the tv went off. I went to the maintenance guy who was finally getting there getting the newspaper out of the pool after my wife begin to get it out and he told me he didn't know how to fix it. Next morning, internet was out. Front desk manager told me he didn't know how to fix it. You'll see this common theme that no one can fix or do anything.... Breakfast, so so, ran out of milk, went to tell guy in charge, tells me ok. 10 minutes later, no milk. My wife goes up they tell her they are going to store to get milk. For a place that advertises "A perfect stay every time" this is far from perfect. I know things go wrong but come on, have someone around that knows what they are doing and can handle customer issues. The rooms were sprayed down prior to arrival to mask some kinds of smells. Could be pet/smoke??? I saw a cat next door in the window. Who knows??? This place is not a 2-1/2 star as priceline says. More like 1-1/2. Not the worst place I have seen but would not stay here again nor would I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank kawahl
Reviewed April 2, 2008

My wife and I were visiting family in Georgia and needed a place to stay. When we arrived in Valdosta a surprising number of hotels were booked to capacity until we found the Jameson Inn. It is located in the parking lot of the Colonial Mall.

We had a coupon that put the rate at $69 a night and were happy that we found a place with available rooms. We were on the second floor and had to use the stairs since we were unable to locate an elevator.

The rooms were slightly dated but were comfortable. The A/C was impossible to control - either freezing or heating but no comfortable in between. The part to remember is that the A/C worked very well, it was just hard to control. There was a fridge, coffee maker, microwave, and iron available in the room - and the fridge did a great job as it almost froze the apples we had stowed away in it.

The breakfast was satisfactory with waffles, cereal, biscuits and gravy, and coffee and juice.

Overall we enjoyed our stay with no real problems; it wasn't the nicest place to stay in Valdosta but we would stay there again. It was as much as we needed but not more than we expected.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2007

I have stayed at Jameson Inn and Suites before, and for some reason thought that this hotel would be a "Suites" as well. I was used to the recliners in the room and lots of space. Not so much for this place, but it was still nice and neat and clean. Good location in the Mall parking lot. It is right next door to El Toreo (a Mexican restaurant), and very close to other national chain restaurants as well. The continental breakfast is nice, the pool is rather small but clean. Be sure to tip the maids!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2007

Cleaner than average, comfortable bed, great staff. And the hot breakfast was better than we expected, too. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FloridaTraveler99
Reviewed July 17, 2006

Stayed at the Jameson Inn on July 4 night on our way to Atlanta. We liked the area the Jameson was in (near restaurants, mall, WalMart) and close to I75. The Pros were the staff was really very friendly and they continually make fresh baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies in the lobby. My kids loved the free fresh baked cookies and the free breakfast was definately above average (waffles)!! The pool was quite small and between buildings but not overly attractive. The outside of the hotel looks very nice and seems to be well maintained. The worst part was the room itself. It was small and seemed a bit dirty, the bathroom had a slight urine smell and the bed just was not very comfortable (hated the pillows). It is about what I expected for $80 a night. The friendliness of the staff and the fresh cookies didn't quite make up for a bad nights sleep and we probably will try another hotel next time thru Valdosta. We did see the fireworks from the hotel parking lot!

Stayed: July 2006