All reviews valdosta mall room was clean parking lot continental breakfast waffle maker stay there again front desk clerk staff was friendly long drive one night stay off the highway oatmeal randy
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Hotel grounds are well keep, basic hotels room, carpet had some stains, bed was good. Ist night killed a roach crawling up the wall had trouble sleeping after that. Second night looking forward to a good night sleep. There is a total of 6 cars in the parking lot including mine and the hotel seems to have many rooms available. So what do they do the book the room right next to me, now I'm laying in bed and can't sleep because the room next door has the TV turned on way to loud, maybe it's just me but why could they space us out a little bit?

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
jivaldosta, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Valdosta at Valdosta Mall, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Dear R L,

Firstly, I’d like to extend a thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We value all guests' business and reviews, and we appreciate you taking time out to share your experience. Let me address the issues you endured during your stay with us in Valdosta. I’m so sorry to hear about your first night’s bug encounter. Our exterminator service was here two days prior to this incident de-bugging our property; I’ve been on the phone with ASTRO and we’re to have them out here no later than this coming Wednesday 9/21 to make a second sweep in all our rooms. Also, as space is available and hotel season slows, we try spacing everyone out to give them the utmost privacy (of course, considering any special needs involved like preference of room location, type of room desired, etc. in guests' placement). In some cases, there’s no avoiding being assigned next to a noisy neighbor. If anytime during your stay you find this to be the case, we urge you to come to the front desk at your earliest convenience and we'll do the best we can to make sure your accommodations are up to your satisfaction. Jameson Inns has a reputation for great customer satisfaction, delivering guests to clean, comfortable rooms. It’s our desire that every guest is completely satisfied with every visit. We would have loved to rectify the situation before your check out, and if you plan to visit Valdosta again please give us the opportunity to correct your experience with us.

Feel free to contact our hotel and speak with me directly if I may help in any way transform your next stay into a more positive one!

Reviewed August 1, 2011

The hotel was a basic hotel, the room was clean and comfortable. The TV was a little old but we were only there for 1 night. It was surprisingly quiet being right next to the mall. The pool was nice. The breakfast was very basic and I just ate an English Muffin but my son had cereal and a waffle. Nothing fancy but for the price it was OK. We checked other Trip Advisor posts and chose this hotel over others which warned us off.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
jivaldosta, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Valdosta at Valdosta Mall, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Dear JPN9000,

Thank you for your response and we’re grateful for your business here at Jameson Inn Valdosta! We’ve found many guests agree with you that our grounds are pleasantly quiet. Our hotel is currently receiving updates to our room amenities, and we’re expecting updates soon regarding our in-room TV’s and adding micro fridges in all our rooms. It’s a company-wide movement, and we’re very excited about it!

The next time you’re in Valdosta, I invite you to stay with us again.

Reviewed July 17, 2011

The staff was very friendly and the pool and other common areas were clean; however, we had several issues in our room. The bed had been sat on after the bed was made and "I love you" written in fingertip was still visible on the mirror. There was not a full roll of toilet paper in the room and when I went to the desk to ask for another the employee could not find the toilet paper and was only able to offer a box of facial tissues. We were also unable to useany of the electrical outlets in our room because they were loose and the plugs would fall out. We have stayed at several different Jameson Inn locations and this was the first time we have ever had this type of experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jenk98
jivaldosta, General Manager at Baymont by Wyndham Valdosta at Valdosta Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Dear jenk98,

First and most importantly, I'd like to apologize for the issues that you dealt with during your stay with us in Valdosta. Thank you for your time to review our hotel here on Trip Advisor; we don’t take any complaint, especially regarding the cleanliness of or rooms, lightly and we are concerned about your latest stay. I’ve recently become the General Manager here at Jameson Inn and am pushing myself and our staff to keep guests' stays a pleasant one.

We have a new maintenance employee on board. He’s fantastic and has been in all our rooms the past several weeks fixing electrical outlets (tightening them) and attending to all maintenance-related issues. We never want to “be out” of something, and moving forward we’re doing a much better job keeping back-up supplies. Pointing out specifics like you have here helps us as a hotel improve on our guests’ overall stay and experience.

If you're ever in the Valdosta area again, I welcome the opportunity to not forget us in your choice of stay for the night(s). Please feel free to contact the hotel and speak with me directly if I may help in any way to re-live a positive stay at our location.

Reviewed May 18, 2011

This was our 3rd stay - well my 3rd, spouse's 1st. The guest rooms are always clean with everything in place. We never have to request towels, etc. as there is always a nice supply, nicely displayed. And not lacking on hot water like some we have found. Nice selection of coffee & teas for the morning. I have stayed in a 2 double bed room as well as king, each slept well, good quality mattresses and well kept linens.
We did have trouble with the phone in the room this time, not sure if it was the phone or the front desk assistant as we had not had the best experience when we arrived. He seemed off in space, could not complete a task. Since he had not provided information about breakfast times, that was the reason for our call... but no avail.
Speaking about breakfast, very nice self serve continental. The waffle maker seemed to have been around too long as everyone attempting to cook one had trouble. The cereal containers had been added to far too many times between cleaning out as the clear containers were full of cereal crumbs & sugar. But overall a nice breakfast for this class of hotel.
Nice free WiFi service for business travelers.
This will be a regular place for me to lay my head when traveling to Valdosta.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Woodridgebb,

It’s such a delight to hear you have once again enjoyed your stay with us! We appreciate your detailed, kind words regarding your experience in Valdosta; we strive to make an extra-restful end to your day on our new Dreamium mattresses and delicious start to your day with our continental breakfast!

I’m so sorry to hear about your customer service experience during check-in. Our team strives to make all our guests’ stay a positive one and delivering the utmost positive customer service. I want to extend my apologies this did not reflect such standards upon your check-in, and we hope that next time around we can help you have a more positive first, second and third impression. And I want to state that, since your stay, we’ve received a brand NEW waffle maker!

We are grateful for your business and positive review on Trip Advisor. Help us spread the word about Jameson Inn Valdosta!

Reviewed April 8, 2011

We actually ended up with this hotel as an unpublished rate from a discount website. It is a great location. You can walk to the mall and anything you could want to eat is in the area. It was a good place to sleep after a long day at the park. Nothing fancy, but the beds were very comfortable. I would have liked a refrigerator in the room, but I was too tired to ask for a room with one. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Pool is small and very cold in April, so don't plan to spend the day in the pool unless you like it cold, but the pool was clean. Great hotel for a larger family. They have rooms that will connect. Would stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family