“Hidden Gem!”

Wild Adventures Theme Park
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Valdosta
More attraction details
Owner description: Theme park. Water park. Animal park. Wild Adventures has it all for less. Journey to a place where animals rule, water flows and animals play. Located in Southern Georgia, Wild Adventures is a convenient day trip from Alabama, Florida and Georgia or a welcome stop from your family road trip on I-75. With many lodging options just minutes away, Wild Adventures is perfect for a family getaway.
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Just got back from my first visit to Wild Adventures and I have to tell you...WHAT A GEM!

We went to the Water Park on Friday and spent the day at the theme park on Saturday. The park was clean and wasn't crowded(no long waits to get on the popular rides)....all of the staff was VERY friendly. The price was great.....EXCEPT for food and drinks.(an ICEE is $5.00)

We went with children 14, 12, 6 and 4...there was something from everyone and they really had a great time...

There are several nice hotels in the area as well so take advantage of the 2day tickets!

We usually always go to Orlando but now that we have found this gem....we will definitely start frequenting this park!

2  Thank MsB1908
There are newer reviews for Wild Adventures Theme Park

Reviewed August 5, 2010

We are from Orlando. We were just looking for a staycation. Now granted we are used to the mega themeparks, I am open minded. Parking was 8 dollars, quite cheap for any theme park. The first thing I noticed about this park was that there was only one parking attendant and he was sitting on the curb allowing cars to figure out how and where to park. We bought out tickets at the local Walgreens because there was a discount. When we got to the gate, we were told we had to go to guest services to redeem our discounted ticket. No big deal, I just wish we had been told that beforehand. The park attendants redeeming our tickets were very polite. After we redeemed our discount park tickets and got in, we discovered that most of the rides in the park were closed. They open at different times of the day. I had checked their website to try and find out the attractions that were closed and there were no indications that any attraction was closed, less more the times they would be open. Also, most of the food and drink stands were closed. I understand in this economy, but I am not a local and would not know that after I spoke to several employees who expressed surprise that I was not aware that the only time everything was open was on the weekend. But having dealt with the failed park in Winter Haven, I should have known better, because they had the same attitude that their park was more for locals than outsiders. I lived only 45 minutes from the Winter Haven park, but they had the same attitude. The only time everything is open is on the weekend. I had casual conversations with other guests that were thinking of demanding their money back. The rides that were open were great and the employees were wonderful and helpful. My biggest complaint was that as hot as it was, there were not a lot of places to purchase drinks. We passed a woman who was on the ground and some of the people in her party were sent out to find some liquids for her. Not good in this heat. We would have purchased more drinks if they had places open to purchase drinks. My next complaint was about the animals. Some were in compounds that were clearly too small for them. I felt so sorry for the tigers. The enclosure was entirely too small for them. When we tried to buy souviner shirts, we went to the Emporium. The gentleman there was wonderful. He tried to help my son, but the inventory available was not in his size. I asked if we could buy merchandise online and we were told no. Big mistake Wild Adventures........................................ Now would I make a special trip to go back? As a nonlocal, T\the answer is no. I came, I saw,I left.

1  Thank Beckyone
Reviewed July 27, 2010

This was my first time at the park. My wife had been to the park last year. The price of admission was too expensive for the attractions and rides at the park. The price of food and drink was too expensive in these economic times for such a small theme park. The water fountains consisted of warm water. The bathrooms (restrooms) were not well maintain. We went to the park in June 2010.

Reviewed July 25, 2010

OMG! My family and I visited W.A., the weekend of 7/16; we had a blast. For starters, our hotel was across the street from Valdosta Mall! Whooooo! Big plus, having a 9 and 4 year old. We walked across the street, shopped, and ate at nearby restaurants! Okay, the park! Whoa Nelly! I live in Atlanta, have been to Disney several times, but this park took me back to vacations as a child! We absolutely loved the attractions, the animal shows, the animal trainer's knowledge about the animals during the gator show, the down-home feeling, the wonderful pizza @ Mama's Pizzeria (double yum), and the freedom at the water park! Pure entertainment and satisfaction. Our first day was spent on rides and shows, and the second was spent at the waterpark! The lounge chairs and nearby food stands were major bonuses! Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! We wanted somewhere close, as my daughter and I were injured earlier this year in a head on collision, and can't ride too far! This was our answer in addition to a few added bonuses! Yes! Big fun! Will revisit!

1  Thank angiefam
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I visited Wild Adventures for the first time with husband and two children (ages 6 and 2) and we had a great time. They were running a special "buy one day and get the 2nd day free" which worked out well. They had rides for the very young (merry go round) and rides for the more adventurous (roller coasters). Everyone loved the water park too. It is not Disney, but for the price and the closer proximity to home, it was a great place for our mini family vacation.

1  Thank Shelleyr93