“Great Park...Attractions for all ages”

Wild Adventures Theme Park
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Valdosta
More attraction details
Owner description: Theme park. Water park. Animal park. Wild Adventures has it all for less. Journey to a place where animals rule, water flows and animals play. Located in Southern Georgia, Wild Adventures is a convenient day trip from Alabama, Florida and Georgia or a welcome stop from your family road trip on I-75. With many lodging options just minutes away, Wild Adventures is perfect for a family getaway.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Park...Attractions for all ages”
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Visited this park on 6/10 with our children (9,6, & 2) and had a fun-filled day. Each of the kids found rides that they really enjoyed and the wait times were 5 minutes at the most. We also loved the fact that you could cool off in the Water Park area during the hottest part of the day. Having already been to Disney several times, I would choose WA, especially in the Summer!!

My advice would be to call the reservations desk and ask if there are any coupons or discounts. I asked this and was able to buy tickets at the local Walgreens for $35 each.
This was a $13 savings of each adult ticket and an $8 savings off children's tickets.

2 Thank Kdhancock

Gainesville, florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Take Mickey Mouse out, Wild Adventures wins!!!!! JUNE 6th 2010”
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We just got back from Wild Adventure and had a great time. No wait at any of the rides, the roller coasters and rids that they have were great. The water park is great. One price both parks, WOW!!! I'm not knocking Disney, i am just saying, for the price, it's a great deal. I love Disney, but Mickey is over priced and crowded. It's nice to have a change once in awhile. I have a 4 year old and a 8 year old, they had a blast. I did get the season tickets for $37.00 per person. I'm going back!!!!

1 Thank flcatv
Atlanta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“great time”
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I visited April 8, 2010 with my teenage son. We drove down from Atlanta and had a great time. We did not wait more than 10 minutes in any line. The water park was closed, but we were not there for the water park. There were four decent coasters in the park that we rode MANY times. We did not eat in the park because the food in these type parks is, well, carnival food. There were many carnival type rides and games, but we kinda like those things. The staff at the park was exceptionally friendly and personable. I would not compare the park to Disney or Universal in Orlando--totally different experiences; however, the park was much more enjoyable than Six Flags over Georgia, and felt much safer. I would not consider it a destination park, but if you're traveling through the area and like amusement parks, it's worth a visit.

1 Thank Jayn0
Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Family Theme Park”
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Wild Adventures is a great place to go with a family for the weekend. It is a relaxed atmosphere with plenty of rides for all ages. The grounds are extremely clean and the staff is very friendly. If you have never been, I would highly recommend it to a family who wants to go to a safe and clean family park. It seems that a lot of people who have posted their comments here have been hyper critical and have not truly been fair to the park as a whole, especially in comparison to other parks. It seems that some people have gone with expectations that I'm not sure what theme park would fulfull. Unlike what others have said, they have plenty of food choices from sit down restaurants to snack stands located throughout the park. We have been here several times and never have the restaurants only open until later on in the day. For those who want healthly food, a theme park isn't the place to look for it and neither is a theme park a place to think you're going to get a good deal on your food purchase---that's just theme park reality folks! As far as the rides being shut down, out of the numerous times we've been there, all the rides are usually running. They may shut down the odd right throughout the day for maintenance or there has been the odd time a ride has been closed for the whole day for one reason or another, however the majority of theme parks close rides periodically for scheduled maitenance. For some people to say that 50% or even "a lot of rides" are closed is simply not being fair to the park. 1-2 rides being closed out of 30-40 rides is not a fair reflection of the quality of the park. Also, for those thinking that kids rides are going to be any more than a carnival ride must not have been to too many theme parks. There's only so many things you can do with kids rides...I'm not sure what these people had as their expectations. Even Disney kids rides (tea cups, dumbo, etc) can be seen at fairs across the country! As far as the park having carnival games...they certainly do (my question is what distinguishes a theme park game versus a carnival game). Six Flags has the same thing! Though Wild Adventures is not a world class theme park, it is definitely more than a carnival. My suggestion is for any one who has not gone to go and experience it yourself. You must understand before going that the park caters to families--that's its niche. If you go with the right attitude, you'll have a great time.

1 Thank ma129
Port Orange, FL
“Carnival rides!”
Reviewed April 1, 2010

If you have ever been to a traveling carnival, then don't go here. My daughter and I were SEVERLY disappointed when we paid $50 each (and drove 4 hours to get there) and saw a carnival. Dizzy Dragons, Crazy Bus, Bumper Cars...even carny games to win prizes! The only differences....more concrete around rides than a traveling fair, several very sad looking animals (small zoo), and 4 rollercoasters that I have never seen at a carnival. Two of those coasters were short and not worth going on. The other 2 were good but not worth a trip there. In fact, the wooden one (one of the 2 good ones) got stuck! (Two water rides were either broken or not up and running yet but still not worth the admission.) And if you think it would be more worth it in the summer when the water park is open, you may be wrong. I did not get to see it up close but it looks small. I must say though, the staff was very friendly and that made the trip better. I would not recommend this park, esp for $50!!!