“Wild Aventures is a good family time”

Wild Adventures Theme Park
Ranked #1 of 24 things to do in Valdosta
More attraction details
Owner description: Theme park. Water park. Animal park. Wild Adventures has it all for less. Journey to a place where animals rule, water flows and animals play. Located in Southern Georgia, Wild Adventures is a convenient day trip from Alabama, Florida and Georgia or a welcome stop from your family road trip on I-75. With many lodging options just minutes away, Wild Adventures is perfect for a family getaway.
Jacksonville
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Wild Aventures is a good family time”
Reviewed July 26, 2009

If you are looking for an affordable family day out, this is it! You need to realize this isnt Disney World. They have a great mix of thrill rides and kiddie rides. The fact that you get the waterpark and theme park makes it a great deal. If you go on a concert day, the concert is free with admission (but you need to bring your own chairs, or pay extra to sit in the seated area) I like to think of it as Disney World Meets Petticoat Juntion

2 Thank dean4328

vadosta ga
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Refreshed and Fun!”
Reviewed July 17, 2009

We live in the local area of Wild Adventures and have been going for the past 5 years, meaning that we have seen the park go through many changes. Last year the park was bought by a new management company, and while there may have been some growing pains involved, I would give them an A++ at this point in the game.

We spent a day at the park for the first time this year, and we were all throroughly impressed with the upgrades and changes that the new management has brought.

First, as other reviewers have said, don't go expecting Walt Disney. You will be bitterly disappointed. Think more along the lines of a clean, upscale fair, with the added benefit of some world class roller coasters, tons of great animal exhibits, well-produced shows, and the bonus of a water park included for free.

Yes, the food is expensive, but not crazy expensive. I did see a $7 corndog, but it was a foot long corndog with a side of fries. You be the judge. There is also a bigger variety of food than there used to be. You can still find funnel cakes, big pretzels, and slushies, but there is also some good bar-b-que, fried fish and shrimp, pizza, salads, burgers, turkey legs, dippin dots ice cream, and more.

We LOVED the parakeet exhibit that you can walk through and interact with the birds. In fact, the animal exhibits are all very well done, and full of interesting and exotic animals. My kids also loved the pigeon release, in which they got to actually hold a pigeon and let it fly away.

The Wahee Cyclone was a great thrill, the water park in general is surprisingly high quality, with rides and attractions for all ages. We only encountered staff members that were professional and friendly.

I will say that South Georgia can be excrutiatingly hot, and that could be a big detriment to your experience. Today it was cloudy and overcast with a breeze, so it wasn't too bad. But just hit the water park if it gets too hot. The new management has added lots of shady spots near the water attractions if you want to sit and watch your kids play--a very nice addition.

All in all, I don't understand why some people have given this park such low marks. Of course some people are going to have imperfect experiences, or encounter rude people, or not care for the food, but I think the park is well run, clean, a good value and worth a day or two of your time.

If you want to spend thousands of dollars, go to Disney World. If you want a fun, family friendly day at a small amusement park that is clean, well managed and has a huge variety of entertainments, hit Wild Adventures, and keep some of that hard earned money in your pocket.

2 Thank southgeorgiagal
jacksonville, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You can tell they are hurting......but,”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

at least clean the bathrooms!!! We took our three kids and nephew July 5th. We had been to Wild Adventures before and liked it. Short lines, less crowd etc. But it has become so run down!! We got a locker in the back of the park not in Splash Island, but near the entrance right next to the bathrooms. These bathrooms were DISGUSTING!! Doors were missing off of stalls. The floor was SUPPOSED to be orange, but was black and smelled awful! I thought I was going to be sick. The counters were falling apart and the sink had hair in it, A LOT of hair!! Splash Island was OK, but over rated. We have a local water park that the kids said they liked better. They actually said because it was cleaner. The flies in the park were terrible. The grounds were overgrown with weeds, not maintained at all. After visting Splash Island I took by daughter into one of the changing stalls just outside of the bathrooms and had to stand her on the bench because half of the ground was 3 inches deep in standing water. Ugh!! It was getting late so we decided to grab something to eat before we got back on the road so we went to the BBQ restaurant in the park. Food was OK, but of course overpriced. The floor in there was DISGUSTING too. Sticky, sticky, sticky!!! and BLACK! I mean come on!!!

I would rather pay more to go to a cleaner park like Disney's Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach. We also have passes for Aquatica.

This park used to be really nice when it first opened several years ago, but has gone WAY downhill and I doubt will be open for much longer. The same people also own Cypress Gardens in Central Florida. I wonder if that park is just as bad?

Very disappointed, WILL NOT EVER GO BACK!!!!

1 Thank FYI0627
Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“DEATH after visit”
Reviewed July 4, 2009

My son {a veteran) went to the park with his Father-In-Law July 3, 2009. Father-In-law also a veteran. We did not know this would be the Father-In-Laws last day on earth. My son awoke to the screams of his Mother-In-Law today July 4, 2009...something was wrong with her husband. My son and his wife performed CPR on his Father-In-Law, but it was too late. Back to the park. When you enter they take a family photo. My son did not purchase that on July 3 since we did not realize it would be the Dad's last day. After the death this morning we called desperate for "the last photo" taken at the park yesterday. My son drove to get it in the midst of ambulances, police, etc because the last photo was something that could not be replaced. When he arrived the photo stand SOLD him 3 pictures for $21.00....my son asked about the disc and the guy said "oh you probably don't want that it's $40.00"....that guy KNEW the circumstances... He Knew it was the last photo. Where is the humanitiy in this act?

31 Thank SunAndPalms1
Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money, no matter how little you may pay...”
Reviewed June 22, 2009

A group of 13 (4 adults, 9 kids aged 3-13) decided to head up to Valdosta for a Saturday to experience Wild Adventures. The price was right (24.99 online) and it os about an hour and a half drive. We decided to pack lunches and drinks since the reviews of the food were less than glamorous.

I was not expecting Disney or 6 Flags so the exterior of the park did not turn me off. Entrance into the park was pretty fast and easy so no complaints there. The lines for the roller coasters were manageable (because everyone was at the waterpark). However, that's were the pros end as detailed below:

Locker rentals are $1.00 per entry into the locker. We needed 5 lockers with so many people. I would have preferred to rent a locker for a day for a higher price rather than have to come up with 4 quarters everytime someone needed some sunscreen. Needless to say, we soon rented a stroller and piled all of our towels and bags onto it.

I am sure the price (24.99) and the temperature (102) had something to do with it but the waterpark was way overcrowded with a less than desirable cleintele. There were kids literally snatching tubes away from younger kids, babies int he wave pool with regular diapers on, and too many people without proper swimwear that simply decided to go swimming.

Bottom line is that we arrived at 11 and left at 1:30. Never again......