“Not worth the ride or money worst trip ever”

Wild Adventures Theme Park
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Valdosta
More attraction details
Owner description: Theme park. Water park. Animal park. Wild Adventures has it all for less. Journey to a place where animals rule, water flows and animals play. Located in Southern Georgia, Wild Adventures is a convenient day trip from Alabama, Florida and Georgia or a welcome stop from your family road trip on I-75. With many lodging options just minutes away, Wild Adventures is perfect for a family getaway.
Reviewed June 7, 2011

First of all all it is too hot. The park has no shade you are in the direct sunlight. 95% of the time unlike other amusement parks their is not alot of water to wet your self or drink. We had to leave the park early after getting over heated. The food was terrible I had a half done funnel cake who messes up funnel cake? I can back the second day wishing for the best I but we ended up geting stuck on the safari train for 20minutes during those minutes we had to listen to them try to tell jokes. This was not funny being that it was so hot. No one offer us water or anything. After 20minutes they told us we would have to walk back to the loading station but we had to wait on maintenance
who arrived with no tools. After 40mnutes they walked us back never puting the animals away but having security walk on the side of us as if they were a shield. After that their was no sign that they care it was like it didn't happen. Spoke with customer service told me to come up their before I leave. Splash Island was cool but the lines were crayz not to mention they stoped for shift changes wow. when i was ready to leave went to customer service and was told they did what they were suppose to do and thats that.

7  Thank TravelingFamily912
WildAdventuresGA, Public Relations Manager at Wild Adventures Theme Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2011

Thank you for taking a moment to share with us your recent park experience. I will share your review with our team to help to improve the overall guest experience.
Thank you, again, for sharing.

Reviewed June 1, 2011

We bought Season Passes because it is a fun park and not far from where we live. We arrived on Memorial Day weekend. We parked a long way. It was hot and we didn't understand why the tram car wasn't running. Inside the park, some of the employees were rude. The water park was over crowded. They need a way to monitor the amount of people in there at one time. The train ride had no one to narrate the ride. That whole train ride could be better. By the way America, we need make our kids wait patiently in line like the rest of us. It is very rude to break in line. That ride will still be there. Vastly, the bathrooms are very dirty. Hire a better Janitorial crew.

5  Thank teambringit
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I had not been to Wild Adventures in couple of years. The quality has certainly gone down. There were fewer shows- what happened to the ice skaters?; the rides seemed shorter in length, you stood in line and got on then immediately it was over and you had to get off- the ferris wheel did ONE rotation then unloaded- I kid you not- ONE. The kids working the rides were friendly enough- some were really entertaining, like the guy running the rattler.

To top it off, Josh Turner, who I think is very talented, put on a very boring show. Lots of people got up and left before he closed. Nobody asked for an encore- we could barely stay awake for the show.

I am very dissapointed and rethinking my wisdom of season passes for the family this year.

4  Thank wellsjc
Reviewed April 24, 2011

This park is a lot bigger than I expected from the reviews. It's not small at all, in my opinion. This is the only park I've been to thats a theme park, water park, and zoo all in one. It has a ton of rides and attractions but the water park could have a little more. Most of the staff are pretty friendly and the park is very clean, except for one of the restrooms which was pretty dirty. Tip: There is a restroom next to the Ant Farm rollercoaster and it is very, very clean.

The water park is pretty nice, if you want a thrilling experience than ride the funnel slide. It is AWESOME! Also, a little secret: There are lockers to rent in the water park and they cost $10 - $15, but just outside the water park are lockers that are coin-op and only cost $1.50. We made the mistake of getting the expensive one, but we didn't find out till later. I can't remember exactly where they were, but they were by a restroom.

The only disappointment we had was that the river ride was closed for construction and there was no comment on the website.

Also, one last tip: If you are riding Blackfoot Falls (and you should), you get EXTREMELY wet, so don't ride unless you have a dry pair of clothes if you're staying in the park for awhile.

7  Thank zc97
Reviewed April 23, 2011

We took our 16 year old son for the first time today. The staff were all very friendly, the park was clean and the rides were lots of fun. My husband said the mens room was not clean but the ladies room was fine when I went in. Water is about $2.50 and Powerade is $3.00. Dippin' Dots were $5-$9. On the flip side, I got a great t-shirt for about $11. Designated smoking areas which are nice since we do not smoke. Plenty of seating and shade everywhere. The food at the BBQ place was good and the girls working there were all so sweet. Can't wait to go back. Next time we will plan the trip around a concert. Pefect for the family!

2  Thank GermFreak