“Excellent sliced pork”
Review of Smok'n Pig B-B-Q

Smok'n Pig B-B-Q
Ranked #7 of 277 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Phone 229-245-8BBQ - it looked like it had just opened
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Portions are large here and we tried to share a meal. Because the salad and dessert bar are included, that was not feasible. I ended up getting a side dish platter, which included the salad bar, while my husband had a sliced pork lunch without salad bar. The dessert portion of the salad bar is not too good if you don’t eat wheat, which we don’t. We ended up spending more money and getting more food than we’d wanted. It was very good but not ideal.

Date of visit: May 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

LoriAnne, our server, couldn’t have been nicer or more helpful. Unfortunately the food didn’t live up to our expectations. Nice salad bar, but nothing special. Creamed corn was awful; the roasted potatoes were fine. St Louis and Baby Back ribs, while the (large) portions are huge, just weren’t much better than what you’d find almost anywhere. Expected the ribs to be awesome. They weren’t. In addition to 2 sides and the salad bar, self serve peach cobbler and/or banana pudding plus soft ice cream are included in the price of the meal. So you can consume a lot of food for relatively little money. That explains why the parking lot was full and people were mostly smiling, having a good ol’ time. Don’t set your expectations too high for quality of food and you’ll leave smiling too.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There has to be a reason for Smok'n Pig to be rated as one of the 10 best... and that reason is amazing food. Had the rib sampler this trip, meaty, smoky and flavorful. Brunswick stew was perfect - OK, Mac and cheese was just there. But, all in all just some great food. Top that off with a fresh salad bar plus a dessert bar with banana pudding, peach cobbler and ice cream... Whats there not to like

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We’re Yankees, so it’s hard to get good bbq. The Pulled pork was outstanding. Smoked, but not overwhelmingly Smokey and not drenched in sauce. There are 4 distinctive sauces on your table, so you can choose flavor and amount. Sandwiches are served with 2 sides and a dish of pudding, ice cream or peach cobbler from the dessert bar. You won’t leave hungry.

Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

In the spirit of all things BBQ I pulled off during my road trip south in the hopes that I might satisfy my craving for southern baby back ribs. Little did I know that I found one of the top 10 best BBQ joints in the country! If you are traveling from ATL to Florida down I-75 South, remember exit 22! This smokehouse boasts superlatively succulent, smoked & spiced, fall-off-the-bone ribs. My partner and I ordered a full rack which came with two sides, unlimited salad from the bar (which was kept very clean and neat) and dessert ( peach cobbler, banana pudding or ice cream cones) for $21.99. This is definitely something that two people can split. There are about six bottles of mixed bbq sauce varietals at your table. They also sell it should you find one you wanna tuck away in your purse. The place is big which takes away that certain southern charm that comes with the local hole in the wall smokehouse, but it’s very clear that their meat recipes have done so well that they have been able to expand. This restaurant has won innumerable bbq awards (see pic). If you’re a ribs connoisseur, definitely check this spot out!