“Fantastic BBQ w/ Excellent To Go Service”
Review of Smok'n Pig B-B-Q

Smok'n Pig B-B-Q
Ranked #2 of 245 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Phone 229-245-8BBQ - it looked like it had just opened
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I planned a stop here for lunch while we were driving through Valdosta on our way to Atlanta. We thought they had some outside seating but there are only rocking chairs on a porch now. Oh well, since we had our dog with us we decided to order to go. I walked in and was greeted immediately by the to go order staff. I ordered our food and stepped outside for a few minutes to walk the dog. After maybe 5 minutes our order had been packaged and was ready to go with utensils and BBQ sauces.

My beef brisket sandwich was enormous and packed full of smokey sliced brisket. The mac and cheese was ooey gooey and definitely not a version for dieters. Their greens were obviously fresh, made in-house that day because they were firm and full of flavor (no canned stuff here.) MY husband had the 1/4 order of baby back ribs and it was the largest 1/4 order of baby backs I have ever seen. Definitely great value for what you are getting.

I checked out the salad bar while I was inside and found it to be clean and well stocked with lots of veggies and sides to add onto your salad. I was actually a little disappointed I didn't order the salad bar. They might have let me take some to go had I asked but we were in a hurry to get back on the road.

1  Thank seebeech
There are newer reviews for Smok'n Pig B-B-Q

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

This place is an mile off of I-75. If your traveling through and want a great place for a sit down meal, this is a great place.

Each meal comes with a salad bar and dessert bar, plus cornbread and two sides.

The food is great!

1  Thank David C
Reviewed June 28, 2014

After a days' travel from the St. Louis area on our way to Florida, we went to the Smok'n Pig because of the great reviews and we were not disappointed. We cannot give a review of the interior or the wait staff because we got our food to go. They have a counter dedicated to take out and gifts which made our time there quick. They were extremely busy because it was Father's Day but by the time we placed or order till it was ready to take back to the hotel was only 10 minutes! Quality food and good prices, this should be on your "where to eat list" in Valdosta.

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

From Minnesota, best brisket I have ever had,A+great service,great prices, wish we had one in Minnesota.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Nice BBQ place with good food and great service. Fun place to visit! We visited on our most recent trip to Florida and were very happy with the food and service. The brisket I had was very good and the sides were tasty as well. The young man serving was very attentive without being a pest. When in Valdosta, GA be sure to visit!