“Long wait to get served, average BBQ”
Review of Smok'n Pig B-B-Q

Smok'n Pig B-B-Q
Ranked #2 of 246 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Phone 229-245-8BBQ - it looked like it had just opened
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I had the pulled pork platter with baked beans, cole slaw, and the salad bar.

Large portion of pulled pork. Beans tasted of too much lard. Cole slaw and macaroni salad are excellent, but the hint of cinnamon/nutmeg won't be for everyone. Wonderful salad bar presentation.

Waitress was very polite and attentive (Brandie is the name on my receipt).

Prep time for my meal was slow.

This property was clean, modern, and attractive.

I would return, but I have had much better BBQ at mom n' pop BBQ restaurants.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Driving back from Florida we saw the sign for the bbq. We decided to give it a try. It is a huge place and even with the parking lot being full we were seated as soon as we got in. Got the pulled pork sandwhich.
The food was really fast to come out & really good. We enjoyed being able to sit and relax, but not take forever.
Will stop here again on our next trip south.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

If you like pulled pork and things like collards or fried okra, this is it. The prices are fair and the quality seems to be consistent. Fairly close to I-75 this is a must do if you are in the vicinity of Valdosta,Ga.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Their sign on I-75 says, "Best Barbecue in the World"...........it's true.

The beef is better than I'd had in Texas and the pulled pork is second to none.

Being from Memphis, I sampled a lot but this place has the best pulled pork I have ever eaten.
Smoked with pecan wood and the flavor gets better every second you chew it.

In fact, every side dish, the cornbread, the Texas toast, creamed corned, Brunswick stew, and all the vegis and beans and even the iced tea and lemonade were 100% great. Super salad bar is INCLUDED with the dinners.
Great selection. You even get peach cobbler in the deal. Included.

A great meal is not just one item but everything that comes with it...and this place serves a GREAT meal. I did not taste a single thing that had the slightest hint of MSG or any bad food additive. And I know how that affects me. Not here. If fact, everything tasted homemade. I know a lot of places say that but this place lives it.

Service was 100% great. Brittany was our gal and she took great care of us. Kudos to the whole place.

If I could give it more than 5 stars, I would. It's that good.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

My son is stationed at Moody and took us to the Smok'n Pig when we went to visit. Excellent barbecue and all of the food we had was wonderful. The portions are big and we took a lot home. I had pork chops and they were so tender. I would recommend this place, my son goes frequently and we can't wait to visit and go again!! Go early, there will be a line, especially on the weekend.