“Seriously? This place is average at very best.”
Review of Smok'n Pig B-B-Q

Smok'n Pig B-B-Q
Ranked #3 of 238 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Phone 229-245-8BBQ - it looked like it had just opened
Blue Ridge, Georgia
“Seriously? This place is average at very best.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I used to live in the Valdosta area but we have been moved away for around 8 years now. While recently visiting, I was excited to try out the Smok'n Pig as it is highly reviewed. I don't know if we just came on a bad day or what, but the pork was seriously terrible. I mean it really had a very bad taste to it. Everything else was ok. Service, price were fine. Salad bar was ok, not a huge selection. But the BBQ was barely edible.

• Visited June 2013

Miami, Florida
“YEEHAW! I had the best quality barbecue I ever had!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Great service, nice and clean restaurant, and great quality food! I highly recommend the BBQ beans and the cole slaw! The sliced beef brisket and ribs are excellent. If you're driving on by, stop here to have a meal!

• Visited July 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“If you like BBQ...”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I could eat BBQ probably at least twice a week and maybe more. And when we happen to be in Valdosta, Georgia, "Smokin' Pig" is our choice for this Southern delicacy. While at times they're very busy, be patient, they get to you rather quickly. You'll be happy you waited.

Visited May 2013
Bogart, Georgia
“Excellent 'cue”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I consider myself a BBQ connoisseur and I am one. Really. So I was kind of skeptical about The Smokin' Pig in Valdosta: too close to the interstate, too new, too big, looks like a Yankee trap. I thought my fears were confirmed when I heard " we don't serve Coke, just Pepsi". Then our order came (great sevice). Fried okra, cornbread, collard greens and a huge chopped pork sand which. All were as good as I've ever had. On top if that, the Brunswick Stew - a Georgia delicacy - was delicious. Really delicious. So don't miss Smokin Pig. Bring your own Coke though.

• Visited July 2013
Flowery Branch, Georgia
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

On theroad to Florida we HAVE to stop here. The portions are enormous and the service is great. The BBQ is just incredible

• Visited June 2013