“Good BBQ but not great BBQ”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Smok'n Pig B-B-Q

Smok'n Pig B-B-Q
Ranked #4 of 237 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Phone 229-245-8BBQ - it looked like it had just opened
Cairo, Georgia
“Good BBQ but not great BBQ”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

On a recent trip to Valdosta, I had to try Smok'n Pig due to the great reviews on TripAdvisor and locals. Their sign says "Top 10 BBQ in the Country" so my expectations were high. They have a beautiful, clean building with plenty of parking. The service was excellent and the amount of food you get for the price can't be beat. With every entree you get a trip to the salad bar and desert bar. The salad bar was fresh and their peach cobbler was excellent. Now to the entree...I ordered the St. Louis ribs with baked beans and fries. The baked beans were very good; the fries are your typical crinkle. The ribs lacked the smokey flavor I expected and were a little dry. They have about six different sauces and I tried all of them but did not find one to suit me. The sweet was too sweet; the spicy had too much bite, etc. Now I am not saying the food is bad; it is actually all around good but I think you can find just as good BBQ at Sonny's at a little better price. I would not say this is "Top 10" by any means.

• Visited August 2011

Grand Bay, Alabama
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Great pulled pork sandwich, my husbands steak was really good, server was friendly. Overall a great place to eat.

• Visited July 2011
Florahome, FL
“Just as Good as Everyone says”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

With its size (huge), the billboards, location on a major interstate corridor, and once inside, the fact it looks like a tourist place, I wasn't really expecting much. Fact is, it was fabulous. Between the six of us, we tried a little of practically everything. And everything was delicious. Service wasn't top notch, but adequate and very pleasant. My personal favorite was the St. Louis ribs, with the baked beans a close second. There was strong argument at my table for the pulled pork and baby backs. One of the party even mention the okra was the best she ever had. Sadly, I wasn't impressed with any of the 6 different sauses, but the Q was so good, it didn't need it anyway and several others thought a couple of the sauses were excellent. Leave a little room for the cobler.

• Visited July 2011
Jacksonville, FL
“Best BBQ”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

This place has the best BBQ I've ever had. I went with my husband and 3 kids 13, 11 and 7 years old. And we all loved it!!! The baked beans are amazing and the macaroni salad wa so good we ordered a pint to go. We live in Jacksonville and plan on making the 2 hour drive to Valdosta just to eat here again.

Get the Carolina style ribs and not the pulled pork.

• Visited June 2011
Apollo Beach, Florida
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Smok'n Pig is a must in Valdosta. Great food, good prices and fantastic service.

• Visited June 2011