1,201 results
All reviews kitchen area full kitchen walk in shower living room biscuits sausage fries great room rooms are large pet friendly hotel great place to stay hot breakfast pool and hot tub very nice hotel pleasant surprise breakfast bar would stay here again
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2019

Booked a two room, 2 queen bed suite with full kitchen. Check in was slow, it took me 30 minutes to get processed as there was only one person working at the time and there were 6 guests ahead of me. They would not honor my military discount that I have gotten at every hotel I have ever stayed.

Got to the room, although it was clean, the decor was left over from the 1980's. There was a high-top table in the eat in kitchen, the living room consisted of a since green and gold couch that looked and felt like it was out of some dorm room, it was noticeably uncomfortable and had a piece of plywood under the cushion i assume to give it some sort of support...nevertheless, you couldn't sit on it long, and it was the only piece of furniture. The TV in the living room was a small 32" and was mounted almost to the ceiling, so even watching it was like being in the front row of a movie theater.

We wanted the full kitchen option because my daughter is on a strict meal plan that requires specific meal prep and portion sizes so it is much easier to prepare in a kitchen. Much to our surprise, given we had a full kitchen with, plenty of cabinet space, a stove top, microwave, dishwasher, and full size refrigerator, the kitchen was missing ANY sort of dishes, glasses, silverware, pots/pans, etc with one would think would be necessary in utilizing a full kitchen. Every other kitchen suite I have been in has ALWAYS included dishes and utensils...this was very disappointing. Apparently this hotel feels if you are flying in, you need to pack your own kitchen up and bring it along too.

The beds were old and lumpy, no real cushion or topper at all...you could actually feel the individual springs on your body. After a very unpleasant sleep the first night I contemplated going to Target and buying some sort of foam mattress topper the help, but it was $200 and I'd have no way of getting it home, so I suffered with poor sleep for another two nights.

We also found that the walls were not very "sound proof" as the guests next door to us obviously had a baby that they ignored and allowed it to cry itself to sleep every night (until about 1 AM). And outside around the pool area you could hear word for word the conversations of the people gathered out there after 10 PM. Despite our room being on the 4th floor, we were kept up until 1:30 AM by a group of loud and obnoxious 50 somethings drinking and caring on, and despite three separate calls to the front desk, they did nothing.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
EricaR62318, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Valdosta Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2019

Thank you for staying with us! I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and your guest room was clean. I know that our staff does the best that they can to uphold high standards of cleanliness. For this reason, we keep dishes for the full kitchens at the front desk; available upon request. This way we are able to ensure the dishes are clean and sanitized. I am sorry to hear that your guest room was not more comfortable for you. Please, anytime that you have any issues or concerns such as this, always contact the desk. We will do the best we can to get you in a room that suits your needs. We are currently working to update all of our guest rooms. Most rooms have already received new mattresses (we expect more soon). Sofas and other updates are in the works. I am sorry that the noise was not handled better. I will be addressing this issue with all of the front desk staff. At any time I am available to be contacted for assistance both with handling of issues and even assistance at the desk when it gets too busy. I hope that you will give us another chance and come stay again. Please contact us directly when coming to the area in order to receive your military discount. We support our military and first responders. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 11, 2019

I would recommend anyone to stay here! The staff is world class and the hotel is awesome! Stop in get some much needed rest, eat breakfast and get taking care of by phenomenal individuals! Great location too!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2019

We were on our way home. We try to be loyal bw clients. This hotel is great. Not sure but I think it is all suites. Very spacious and clean. Bed very comfortable. Price reasonable for bw quality. If you stay try the Smokn Pig for dinner. This time tried the smoked wings.
Breakfast was great. We will stop again. This was our second.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2019

This hotel offers up to date rooms, exceptionally well-trained staff, and a hot breakfast for a great price. The rooms are all suites, with kitchenettes in the room, and the rooms were quiet, which was wonderful for sleep quality.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2019

Stay this past weekend, we had a total of 5 rooms. Of all the hotels we have stayed in Valdosta this has been the best. All my friends were very happy of my choice of hotels.
Very clean and friendly staff. From now on this is where we are staying!
Smokin Pig bbq is about a mile away, great place to eat bbq.

Room tip: Large rooms, comfortable bed.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple