“Super friendly staff and beautiful, spacious, clean rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Valdosta Hotel & Suites

BEST WESTERN PLUS Valdosta Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
North Port, Florida
“Super friendly staff and beautiful, spacious, clean rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Room and rate was great. Beautiful, big room for a family of 4. Super friendly staff, very nice breakfast, nice fitness area for my morning run. Whole hotel was very clean. We will definitely be returning. :)

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Lake Mary, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

It was definitely a PLUS. I usually stay at regular Best Westerns, but the location and price was just right. The room was very clean and large. Everything I needed was there. On my reservation I asked for a ground floor and they accommodated me.

The only downside was there was noise from other rooms--not people but water running. I was on the ground floor so maybe the upper levels aren't as bad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Very clean, extremely friendly staff who seemed to go out of their way yo be helpful, rooms very nice! Breakfast buffet was very good with nice selection of food choices, we will stay here again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a great place to stay. We were tired after a long drive and able to get a quiet, restful sleep.
The check in and out was quick and efficient. The staff friendly and helpful. We were directed to a yummy BBQ restaurant for dinner. The room was large and nicely appointed. Both the room and bathroom were clean, clean, clean! Bed was comfortable and nice fluffy towels were provided. We enjoyed a breakfast that had a large selection of both hot and cold items. I would not hesitate to stay here again and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Charlotte
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in May for one night, I would stay any time I am in the area. The room was great, it was clean and spacious and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was delicious! The pool was clean the lobby was nice and gives a good first impression. I was not a fan of Best Western hotels but this stay changed my mind.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thomasville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We live in Thomasville which is not far from Valdosta. When we go to visit we like to stay with family but with three kids it gets too crowded. We decided to stay at this hotel because it was close to their house. This place is awesome!! The most clean, comfortable nice rooms you will ever stay in for the price!! We wanted to move in. Staff was great!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Let me first start off by saying this is my family's 1st time at a Best Western - we are Hilton loyal, diamond members. BUT, we decided to try something new for our stay as we were booking only 1 week in advance. The place was clean, the room spacious, the beds comfie.. The staff were very friendly. The breakfast was like eating out at a restaurant. Dogs allowed for only $20 a night - big area to walk them in.. So why just the "average" rating? Well, the noise level coming in from the room above us for 2 nights was INSANE. I will just make a long story short in saying we had a melt down from my son at the local theme park because of lack of sleep (noise between 11pm and 1am) and we ended up leaving the park early. Tried to come back and get some rest after taking showers, before dinner - ha! The woman and her 2 kids above us were on a rampage - after complaining for the 2nd day in a row, guest services told us that it was a different guest and eventually the lady ended up coming downstairs and telling the staff that she "could not control her children" and wanted another room. I COULD NOT BELIEVE it. How in the world could a national hotel chain allow this? A guest basically stating that they would "not behave" or be compliant is absurd. There were also kids in the pool area that seemed to have no parents around.. Also, a woman sitting in her suv on our side of the building just playing music- we noticed this several times, but since she was not bothering anyone, we did not complain. Loitering in the parking lot without a purpose just looks suspicious though and I have just never seen that at a hotel before. I must say the staff was very nice and never made us feel badly for complaining, they seemed understanding, BUT I just do not know why they cannot control their guests. I do not know if the hotel has poor workmanship between floors (or walls for that matter as by walking down the hall, you could hear people's conversations) or we just had some very back luck. The 3rd night, as far as we could tell (we heard nothing above us and while walking our pups, there were no lights on) there was no one above us. We had a good night's rest. Too bad we were just heading home that day - we could have used the good rest the day we got there. I really would have loved this hotel if not for the seemingly poor insulation/ noisy guests that happened to be placed above us. If not for the nice staff and clean building, I would have given it a "poor" rating, I know my husband would. He travels a great deal for his job and has never encountered anything like the noise we heard. I do not think we will be staying at this hotel. or hotel chain anymore unless we have no other options. This was supposed to be a relaxing vacation and spending some time with the kid at the theme park - unfortunately, the noise level made it a very stressful one for 2 out of the 3 days we were there.

Room Tip: Get something on the top floor if possible so no one is above you.