“VERY Pleasant Surprise!”

Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Roswell, GA
“VERY Pleasant Surprise!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had to stop in Valdosta GA on a trip to Florida... was just too tired to go any further. Only problem... i had my two dogs with me. I asked Siri about pet friendly hotels in Valdosta GA and she recommended this one. I have to tell you first............ i am a total hotel snob! I am ultra picky about hotel design and especially cleanliness! I was sooooo pleasantly surprised by this little gem. My first exposure to them was my call from the highway to make my reservation. The young man that answered the phone was super friendly and helpful. He even asked me what mile marker i was at.... and told me how many more miles/minutes to the hotel. He let me know that he had an available pet room ($20 pet fee for two pets..... such a deal). The room was oversized with a nice kitchenette (granite counters). It had a overstuffed sofa --- a queen bed --- and a nice flat screen tv. All furniture, carpet etc. were in great shape. The TV remote was in a "sani-box" -- had been cleaned etc. I was impressed... i would even stay in this hotel if i didn't have my dogs with me :)!

Room Tip: I was told that I had the most basic room.... and it was nice so I think you'd like any of the u...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
clinton,ia
Reviewed June 2, 2013

one of the nicest best westerns we have stayed in. accommodations were excellent. don't give too many excellent reviews. i feel there is always room for improvement. breakfast was good. had grits which does not occur at many hotels, made my husband very happy. location was also a big plus for our trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank yancy1
Gold Canyon, Arizona
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed 2 nights and were very pleased with our accommodations. It was spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The free hot breakfast was excellent. We will definitely stay here whenever we are in the area!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lori M
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,004 helpful votes
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My one night stay for business purposes was enjoyable. I made the reservation directly with the hotel. Erica made the reservation and was cheerful and accommodating. I made a special request with respect to the room assignment, and she not only stated that they would make every effort to accommodate, but also clearly explained their policies and the only circumstances in which my request couldn't be honored. I appreciated the very up front and honest information with the pleasant and accommodating disposition.

Check in was fast and easy, and the gentleman at the front desk was eager to give directions and made restaurant suggestions. He couldn't have been more professional.

My room was immaculate. The temperature was comfortable. I tend to like it a bit cooler, and the air system seemed to efficiently lower the temperature. The system was a bit noisy at first, but seemed to find it's "second wind" and was far quieter after an initial 3-5 minutes. The linens were clean and the bed comfortable. Lighting was adequate.

The bathroom was lovely. Large, clean, large area for toiletries on the counter-top. I may have been in an "accessible" room as it had only a shower. It was clean, and the water pressure was ample.

Noise was not much of a factor. I heard bumps, etc. on occasion, but didn't really encounter much voice noise. The room faced the side of the hotel, but the property is off the main road and the highway and so road noise is a non-factor. Parking was ample and a non-issue.

I left the hotel and returned following dinner and was greeted again upon return.

The morning breakfast was fine. I'm never enamored with the breakfast at most places, but this one was ok. Heavy on carbs, little to no protein, and maybe I missed it, but no fresh fruit. The OJ was very industrial, from concentrate tasting. I noted not one but two tip jars, which I thought was excessive. The food service area was clean and efficient. I can't fault most of the chain hotels for a limited continental breakfast that isn't restaurant quality. Sometimes, I wish they'd just skip this step altogether instead of trying and doing it poorly. The BWP was in the average category, and provided a breakfast that was inline with other chains.

Check out in the morning was easy. Erica was at the desk and quickly printed the paperwork for my signature. She was cheerful and helpful and thanked me for staying.

*I chose this hotel because it offered a very competitive rate and was close to where I was headed the next morning. It is located about 4 miles north of another popular Valdosta exit with many more options and more restaurants. In the end, I think I made a wise choice. My area was quiet with less traffic and access to restaurants that, while further away, still were easily reached within 8 minutes.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank TripTipDad
Orlando, Florida, Usa
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a very beautiful property......a wonderful haven just off I-75 after a full day of driving. I had a restaurant picked out in town but the lady at the front desk told me about "Southern Landing"....it was perfect. We used the whirlpool and had a wonderful breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family