“Breath easy breath healthy ( on the way to Florida)”

Best Western Plus Valdosta Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We loved this place. This family knows how to run a hotel. We paid the same amount that we paid for really crummy hotels. Clean, modern, new, two rooms, table and chairs, couch were nice. We only stay at Best Westerns and this hotel is the ideal of what a hotel should be!!!. I slept really well I (which I dont usually do at hotels) and we did not want to leave. Real scrambled eggs and great breakfast. The sheets were fresh and clean no perfume, the air felt fresh and clear of cleaning stuff and febreze. The only issues that I found that might be of concern to someone is it is new construction and if you are sensitive to that you could be uncomfortable. I could very minimally smell it around the kitchen cabinets, but had no red flag reactions to it....So happy to find this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,062)

Reviewed January 5, 2013

This hotel is absolutely fantastic. There are not enough words to describe it! Wonderful, spacious, comfortable, beautiful, immaculate!! Very helpful and courteous staff! After a long trip on the road, this hotel is perfect to come to. I will recommend it to everyone I know and would drive out of my way to stay here again.

Room Tip: We booked two rooms, one on the main floor as we needed a pet friendly room for our dog. Very quiet...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My stay at the Valdosta Best Western Plus Hotel was outstanding. I enjoy the true down home comfort and hospitality. The ladies and gentlemen at the counter are top notch and very professional. The rooms are very clean. Plus, I don't take my computer with me and they have a great room whereby you can get on computers and do business or chat with friends. I also like the workout room. You can watch TV and run on the treadmill. I especially like the TV''s in the rooms. The kids like to watch their programs and I can relax and watch mine. Everyone went out of their way to make my stay a confortable experience. I want to say thank you all for the great time. I will be back again soon. Thank you.

Room Tip: First floor is great for a animals. Love the No smoking rules. They have animal walk areas in back...
1  Thank charles m
Reviewed December 29, 2012

On a road trip from Tennessee back home to Florida, we hit the breaking point around Valdosta and read the reviews on Trip Advisor so we immediately booked a room here. For a dog friendly road side stay, this place is top notch. Actually, compared to several swanky hotels, this one runs circles around a few in terms of friendliness, service, staff and cleanliness. Again, we've stayed in high priced dog friendly resorts and the rooms stink of urine and dirty animals. This place had no signs of any of that and we saw at least three other dogs there during our overnight. Our room was immaculate, spotless, sparkling. Our dog was happy and our twin babies slept like, well, babies, in the hotel-provided pack n plays that were thankfully available upon check in. The breakfast was fantastic--great selection of hot (biscuits and gravy and deelish sausage!) and cold foods. Check in and check out staff were super friendly as were the cleaning staff who greeted us with what I think were genuine smiles. You can tell the staff is treated well here. I highly recommend the Best Western Plus for anyone traveling thru the area with or without dogs.

2  Thank Lesley A
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stopped in Valdosta, GA from Atlanta in order to cut our trip in half down to Florida. Always looking for a pet-friendly hotel, just off exit 22, you’ll find the Best Western Plus. Our room was $89.00 plus $20.00 for the pet fee ($115.00 total). That’s a little pricey for a 4 hour “split the trip” hotel, but I’m a hotel snob and it was worth it!!

The room was immaculately clean, including all furniture and carpet – brand new. We were not expecting a suite when we booked the double queen room! It had a separate kitchen area, separate living room, and separate bedroom/bath area. The room was huge with nice views of the landscaping outside even although you’re looking at the parking lot, you don’t notice it.

The kitchen area has a small sink, microwave, high top table, refrigerator, small coffee pot, and marble countertops throughout. The living room area has a flat screen TV, small couch, table, and a big side chair. The living room is a very nice size, as is the kitchen area. Of course, they offer a free full breakfast buffet in the AM.

In your separate bedroom you’ll find two queen sized beds with soft feathery poly-filled pillows to snuggle with. NO bedspreads here (gross). They have the crisp white duvet that wraps a light comforter. The bathroom is clean, but no tub. It is a low walk-in shower. The bathroom is also very large in size with marble.

You MUST eat at the Smok’n Pig BBQ!! It’s rated #1 on Tripadvisor AND it’s ranked #10 in the United States of America!! It’s one of the best BBQ restaurants I’ve ever eaten at. It’s located about 1 mile down the road from the hotel.

We enjoyed it so much that we ended up staying there on the way home and it will most certainly be our “go-to” hotel from now on. Although we didn’t use it, there is a nicely landscaped area and a pool out back and of course a workout room, business center with free Wi-Fi, and all the usual amenities expected at a high end hotel.

1  Thank Mudpudles
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I loved the clean and spacious rooms, friendly staff, and great location. I loved staying here and the pool is great as well. I would defiantly recommend couples, families, business anyone really to stay here. It's right off the interstate and yet still close to restaurants and shopping is close by as well. It's a great half way point on your way to Florida or Atlanta, I would come back thats for sure.

Room Tip: I loved the clean and spacious rooms, friendly staff, and great location. I loved staying here and t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple