“Pleasant Surprise!”

Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Sarasota, Florida
“Pleasant Surprise!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We decided to make a spontaneous pit stop and stay in Valdosta one night on our drive to Canton, GA. We made this decision while researching Trip Advisor on the iPad in the car. I have to agree with the majority of the reviews who rated this the #1 hotel in Valdosta.

Since we did not know where we were going to stop (if at all), we were very lucky that this hotel was conveniently located right off of I-75 and had 2 rooms available. We stayed on the 4th floor in a very clean, updated and spacious room. We even ordered dinner and had it delivered to the room via an in-room dining service set up between the hotel and local restaurants. Andrew at the front desk was a big help in giving a local's perspective on what to order!

Despite being a pet friendly hotel (I was concerned about pet odor and/or fleas), I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel and the room. Breakfast was average at best but FREE nonetheless. My only gripe would be the water pressure in the shower...or lack thereof! I did report this to the front desk and they did say they would have Maintenance look into it.

I highly recommend this hotel despite the extra long shower trying to get all of the shampoo out of my hair :)

Room Tip: The hotel walls are thin! Found this out when we were awoken at 3am by our next door neighbors who...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Jerry654, Owner at Best Western Plus Valdosta Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
We are very happy you made a spontaneous pit stop and stayed with us.
I'm sorry about the water pressure problem in your suite. It was a faulty shower valve, which we have since replaced.
We look forward to seeing you on your return trip.
Jerry Evans
(Owner)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
IL
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a very good motel. Super clean, nice friendly employees and good location. I have stayed here several night and it is always good. Nice pool area and good parking. Super large rooms and good beds...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I stopped here based on the high TripAdvisor reviews and we're not disappointed. Clean, quiet, large rooms, good breakfast selection with cereal, pastries, eggs, sausage, grits, biscuits & gravy, and more. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012
Jerry654, Owner at Best Western Plus Valdosta Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank You for staying with us, we really appreciate your business.
Watkinsville, Georgia
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

This place is my fave!! The rooms are super spacious, clean and comfortable. If I didn't have kidlets, I could live there :) the staff is attentive, professional and laid back. I will return to this establishment any time I return to Valdosta and wish I could find more just like it. Thanks!!

• Stayed October 2012
Jerry654, Manager at Best Western Plus Valdosta Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I love your review. Although I may not reply to every review, I read all of them. Thank You for staying with us.
PS: When the kidlets grow up, you can move in, we would love to have you.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel is close to the interstate, but very quiet. A great value. Very clean and updated facilities. The hot breakfast exceeded our expectations. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We had a very spacious room with a full kitchen. Overall a wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
We also have some outstanding restaurants you may like to try on your next trip. The Smoking Pig restaurant (BBQ, Steaks, Seafood, Chicken, Great Salad Bar) and Mom and Dads (Italian) restaurant is just down the road. Thanks for the review and thank you for staying with us.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We visited end of Sep 2012- my husband is a student at Valdosta State Univsersity. We had a small dog, who was VERY welcomed at this hotel. I suspect there are many dogs traveling through this interstate-75 hotel, but to the human nose, you can't tell. It was very clean, very wonderful staff, very comfortable. Within a short drive to VSU- ask for a discount if you are a VSU student or family member. The breakfast was nicely done- hot real food choices. Thanks for a nice overnighter.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Connie B
Thank You for staying with us. We do love and support our Valdosta State University students and parents.
Munfordville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Best $100 hotel we ever stayed In off an interstate highway. We had a complete kitchen in a spacious room. There was a couch, flat screen TV, good reading lights WiFi, and good bed linens. The desk clerk was cordial and suggested two restaurants. The next morning we were surprised by complimentary hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, biscuit, etc. By the way you should eat at the Smokin Pig if you like local food.

Room Tip: This hotel is within a mile of I75 exit.