“Stay here!!”

Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Bradenton, Florida
“Stay here!!”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Fantastic rooms with super-comfortable beds and squeaky clean everything. Feels brand new although it isn't. Quiet but only a few feet from I-75. Free giant breakfast and lovely pool. Staff is as attentive & meticulous as at any 4-star hotel. I had trouble with wi-fi and no less than three staffers jumped through hoops to get it going.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
travelguid, Manager at Best Western Plus Valdosta Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2011
We strive to get reviews like this! Thanks for staying with us and were glad you enjoyed our property! On your return trip check out Charlie Trippers, it is a great upscale American Restaurant that's known locally for it's lounge.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Manchester
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I have stayed here before and when my daughter had a new baby I knew this was the hotel I wanted to stay out while visiting her and her family. The staff at front desk (esp Jimmy and Evan?) were so helpful and friendly that I felt like a member of the family. Housekeeping staff (esp Kathy) were so friendly and ready to help and please that it was great. They greeted me each time and remembered my family when they came in. The managers/owners were very visible and willing to do what needed - when it needed to be done. I was there for over a week and I plan on staying again either in Oct or Nov....I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a friendly, caring and superb customer service....if this ISN'T what you want then this hotel is not for you :-)

Room Tip: If staying for a couple of days I would suggest getting a room with full kitchen...if just over nigh...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
travelguid, Manager at Best Western Plus Valdosta Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
Thank you for the great Review! Were glad you and your family enjoyed our property! Just to let others know, all of our rooms have at least a kitchenette which includes a mini fridge, microwave, dining room table and kitchen sink. You also have the option of a full kitchen in all of our room types.

On your return trip check out Mom's and Dad's which is a great Italian Restaurant that hand make all of their dishes. It is right down the road from us.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed here last October on my way to Florida for a football game. The customer service at this property was second to none. The place was stunning, clean and fresh. I had a review of this property before they made the name change but the same people are there when it was under a different flag. The rooms were amazing, Large and clean with comfortable beds. The business center was great for printing stuff from my laptop. This hotel should be one that everyone looks at. It's a great property and just doesn't have very many reviews on here.

I'm going to attach photos from my stay last October.

I will be coming back this October for my annual pilgrimage home to Gainesville.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PIMking
travelguid, Manager at Best Western Plus Valdosta Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Thank you for the kind remarks! As you have mentioned we did change from Hawthorn Suites to Best Western Plus, but we are still owned by the same family. All of our staff take pride in this property so you get that "home away from home" feel and were glad to have lived up to those standards last year.

We look forward to seeing you again next month! This time around checkout the "Smok'n Pig" Restaurant that is right down the road from us!
Atlanta
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Great Location - roughly 25 seconds from the interstate. i am a travelling salesman and stay in many hotels as part of my job. I had a situation with a package of printed material not arriving for a presentation early in the morning. i was scrambling. the HOTEL OWNER came out and helped me print my materials with his personal color printer in time for my presentation. the front desk attendant took the time to find the nearest fedex kinkos and provided me with directions. When my package did arrive i had already checked out. they called me after my meeting and set it up for me to pick up easily.

the rooms were incredibly clean. great "at home" feel to them. The colors, kitchenette, and bathrooms are comfortable, clean, and welcoming. Appears to be new furniture in there.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is picky about where they stay. The attention to detail in cleanliness and presentation can satisfy even the most critical hotel stayer.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
travelguid, Owner at Best Western Plus Valdosta Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Thank You for staying with us Alex, we really appreciate the business. Next time bring your golf clubs, Stone Creek Golf Club is a block from the hotel. Thanks Again