“Terrible Experience..Do Not Stay Here..This hotel has BED BUGS & MOLD!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Valdosta West - Mall Area
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Orlando
“Terrible Experience..Do Not Stay Here..This hotel has BED BUGS & MOLD!!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on my way back from Orlando and the people and managment at this hotel are nothing but RUDE!! Our room was not reserved as promised. They gave the room to someone else, they said sorry for any inconvience that this may cause. The room they did give to us was not made up properly, it had a bad smell, the sheets were all stained up with green stains on them. This hotel has BED BUGS!! Also there was MOLD on the ceiling in the bathroom!!!! The manager of this hotel is RUDE also. He thinks he can do anything and get away with it. People need to not stay at this hotel and cancel all their reservations and not show up. We got sick from staying in this room. We were told by the hotel if we did not like it, we could have went somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank David L
VLDES, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Valdosta West - Mall Area, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced. While we strive for perfection, we are not perfect. To that end, I have used this as a “teachable moment” and reviewed your comments with my entire housekeeping staff. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to be a better hotel. It is the wish of both me and my staff that you stay with us again on your next trip through Valdosta to show you; this was the exception and not the rule here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Motels rooms are very clean as is the motel itself. It is very convenient to the expressway. Staff seemed to actually enjoy their jobs. Breakfast was vey good. I would have given the hotel an excellent except the hotel corridors are very noisy. You hear noise coming from the various guest rooms as you walk along the corridor. However, once you enter your room you never hear the other guest.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I are staying here for a week to ten days while he is working on a project at one of the nearby companies. We have stayed at Holiday Inn Express properties all around the country and this one has become one of our favorites! The front desk staff are all extremely nice, helpful and professional. Perrin checked us in and was very pleasant. The housekeeping staff have been very kind and efficient... always asking if we need anything and wishing us a pleasant stay. The King Suite is spacious and comfortable.... and the breakfast is as everyone has mentioned.... good, fresh and plentiful. If we ever come back to this city for work or leisure, we will stay here again! We would definitely recommend this property to others!

• Stayed August 2012
Knoxville
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed at this Holiday Inn Express on the way to Florida and was very pleased with it. Desk clerk was very knowledgeable and treated us so nice. Also, the free breakfast was very good and the lady who kept food supplied was very efficient. She even noticed how my wife and I liked the warm cinnamon rolls and wrapped us two rolls to take with us. Rooms were very clean and well equipped. Would definately stay at this motel again if ever in the area.

Room Tip: 4th floor quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
nashville
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We pulled off the interstate and stayed at this Holiday Inn. It was very nice, and super clean. the staff was all super friendly from the front desk clerk to the cleaning staff but the one that stood out was Vern. She runs the breakfast in the mornings which is superb! The eggs didn't even need salt or pepper. Vern is a sweetie so look her up. I even got a goodbye hug!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I have to say that I was incredibly amazed at this hotel. I have stayed in Holiday Inn hotels all around the world.
This has to be the CLEANEST hotel I've ever seen. The linens actually smelled fresh and you could tell the rooms have been vacuumed. For those of you who don't stay in hotels as much as others you may not understand the importance of that.
There was room for 2 beds and they weren't jammed in the room. There was a fridge that other hotels don't offer.
I had been on the last leg of my road trip with my two daughters. What a great place to end our journey on the last night. Upon my arrival the girl at the front desk was able to give us adjoining rooms on the first floor. The place was very quiet and relaxing.
Just days before we spent the night in Dothans Alabama, New Orleans, Memphis and St Louis.
I plan on staying there again in August.

Another thing that is imprtant to me is the bathroom. You should't have to sit on the toilet and have the door against you crowding you in. You can't be productive sitting on a throne feeling like the door is part of you. Very nice and clean bathroom. Perhaps the cleanest ever.

The breakfast was okay but a bit lacking just like every othe Holiday Inn that offers a free breakfast. But it was FREE.. I think Intercontinental hotels should do som research on
breakfast and how they could make the experience better. Once cooked, a 40 watt buld cannot keep the food warm for long. And whatever happened to Whole milk? Why can't they offer that?
But I'm sure that is not the hotels fault.

This hotel was excellent. I would stay and definately recommend it to others headed that way.
Great Job everyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We happened to be there when a group of 40 kids and parents were staying. We were impressed by how well the staff handled such a large group feeding them breakfast early so as not to impose on the other guests when they came down for a meal.

Rooms were very clean, beds fresh and comfortable, and best of all, it was right on the interstate near several restaurants.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the east side (away from highway noise) if possible.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple