“Great Place to Spend a Night...”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Valdosta West - Mall Area
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
Atlanta, GA
“Great Place to Spend a Night...”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have to agree with the other recent reviews....this is a great place to stop on the way to Disney! We were headed from Atlanta to Orlando and pulled in at about 11 pm. Front desk clerk was friendly and efficient and got us into a room in minutes (we did not have a reservation). Hotel was VERY clean and the rates were reasonable. The hotel sits right along I-75 although you never heard traffic. Holiday Inn Express always does a great breakfast buffet so we could grab and get back on the road.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Momvold

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Vandalia, Ohio
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We chose this hotel for a return trip up I-75 after a few days at Disney and, at 250 miles north of the park, it got us out of Florida and off the road in time for dinner after leaving the park mid-afternoon.

The location is easily accessed right off the interstate and there are multiple dining options nearby. The front desk staff was friendly and welcoming and the room was spacious and clean with up-to-date, bright finishes.

Breakfast was the usual HI Express fare and was fresh and plentiful. Both the hotel and breakfast room were very busy (this was a Thursday night stay) and noise from the hallway, parking lot and interstate was a little more intrusive than I expected (as was lighting from the parking lot). Otherwise, an excellent location and a good night's sleep in the middle of a long roadtrip.

Room Tip: If I could do it over I would request a room facing away from the interstate and, ideally, as far aw...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
North Georgia
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stopped here on the way to Orlando for spring break. We needed two rooms close together or connecting rooms. Michelle at the front desk was very helpful! We ended up with two suites right next to each other. The rooms were a good size, plenty of room to spread out. There were several restaurants very close to the hotel. The free breakfast was very nice too. I would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want connecting rooms guaranteed, make your reservations in advance. We did not commit to st...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I stay in a lot of Holiday Inn Express hotels and the one in Valdosta has one of the best breakfast areas of those I stay at. The hostess Ms.Vern is definitely dedicated to making the early morning breakfast experence a pleasure and one of the best I have experience in all of my stays. She surely needs to be commended on the outstanding job that she does.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Dale M
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express is conveniently located just off I-75. Check-in was handled efficiently and smooth, even though there were a couple of other groups ahead of us.

We stayed in a double queen room. The room was clean and included a microwave and mini-fridge. The room did not have any unusual smells. The bathroom was also clean and had a really nice showerhead. The main complaint I have in regards to the room was that the walls seemed very thin. I could hear people clearly speaking in a adjoining room. I could also clearly hear the sound of doors closing all the way down our hallway. Also, the thermostat did not have a setting for 'fan'. Typically I set the unit to 'fan' to drown out any outside noise. Fortunately I did have a white noise app on my phone that I used to drown out a lot of the noise.

The complimentary breakfast was above average for this type breakfast. The breakfast attendants did a very good job keeping things stocked and clean. The workout facilities were adequate and the free wireless internet access worked with no problem. The kids enjoyed the pool, however there were no towels available on the evening that they swam. No big deal, just had to go to the front desk to get some.

Overall, this is a decent hotel located right next to I-75. It's a good hotel to use a a stopping point for going either north or southbound on I-75. Other than the noise issues, I would recommend this hotel. Staff is friendly and room was clean.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
atlanta, USA
Reviewed April 1, 2012

This is a regular Holiday Inn Express in Valdosta on a busy street right off Interstate 75 at exit 18. My main problem with this hotel was the price. We stayed in a suite room with a king size bed and a pull out sofa and the price was $151including tax. The nightly rate was $135. This is the most expensive Holiday Inn Express I have ever stayed at, which is not a resort or tourist location. The onsite breakfast is convenient but even there, most of the options were limited to high fat or starchy items. The only fruit available was bananas. Even though we indicated ahead of time that there were 4 of us staying in the room, there were only 3 towels. The front desk staff were courteous and helpful, but again for me, the bottom line was the price. It was too high for what we got.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level floor and make sure this is the best deal in town before you book.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Valdosta West - Mall Area, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Dear basbousa,

Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Katie J
IHGCare
Eatonton, Georgia
Reviewed February 27, 2012

The location is great, right off I-75. It's a good half way point for us traveling to and from FL. The room was fine - typical HI Exp; however, this one was very noisey. Traffic noise, kids running up and down the halls until late at night, and a faint beeping noise all noise (alarm clock in another room?). The curtains weren't long enough and the bright parking lot and building lights shown in all night. We had to roll up towels to lay on the ledge to help block out some of the light. The Internet acccess was difficult to connect using Internet Explorer.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple