Super 8 Valdosta/Conf Center Area
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$80
$58
Hotels.com
Kinderlou Inn(Valdosta)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanyogurtwild adventuresbudget hoteldays innwaffle housefree breakfastupon checkan older hotelnice stayan overnight stayfront desk clerkstaff was friendlychecking outroad tripmini fridgeconference center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2013

It met all expectations of a budget motel. The location is just off the interstate and near several restaurants/diners. The room was clean. It had a microwave and fridge in the room-no extra charge. There is a free limited selection breakfast provided. The breakfast hours are very convient-6a-10a. I got a great priceline deal, so I can't complain much. It really was more than expected.
The only complaint was only one shampoo was provided-no conditioner or lotion. I'm sure I could have asked for an additional, but I bring my own anyway. Just thought I would mention that in case Super 8 management reads these reviews. I've always been put off by having to ask for something that is routinely provided.
I also wanted to mention the guy at check-in was conversing with another gentleman checking in ahead of me. He was answering questions about local eateries and seemed to be giving great customer service, but when a question was asked about a downtown eatery he cautioned about traveling down town without knowing the area. He told the customer to be careful of making any wrong turns because he could end up in an undesireable area. I happened to notice an African American staff member sitting at a nearby table. I wondered if she lived in that area-since pay is typically low for housekeeping staff and those undesirable areas are usually occupied by the poor. Just thought it was worth mentioning-again in case management reads these reviews.
In Valdosta there are no real resort style hotels. I've stayed in the best for the area and it really didn't provide much more than the super 8. For a weekend trip to Wild Adventures I would recommend this motel if you desire an interior corridor motel.
If interior/exterior isn't an issue I have to brag on the HoJo on exit 22. It's clean and more spacious room for $10-15 less. No microwave/fridge or continental breakfast-they do give the full set of toiletries though. The staff are worth bragging about-true southern hospitality!

Room Tip: Be sure to check the Loundes County dept of health website for inspections. Hotels with issues are on their and this website allows you to see the room number, the problem (eg:bedbugs) and the resolution.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
S8ValdostaGM, General Manager at Super 8 Valdosta/Conf Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor! I apologize for not having enough toiletries in your room for you. As a Wyndham Hotel, we have gone Green, which means we can not waste. There is a sign in the sink area mentioning that we do have items available at the front desk, and if you are here while our housekeeping staff is on duty, plenty of staff to deliver to your room. Again, thank you for your response!!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 18, 2013

When I mentioned the nearby Austin's Steakhouse, she offered a detailed review then gave us a coupon for a free appetizer - we enjoyed our meal very much. However we didn't sleep well at all - the mattresses need replacing, pillows were dreadful and the rest of the bedding, though clean, was no more than mid to low-priced quality. The lobby doubles as the breakfast room and felt "busy" and crowded. Because I needed to move the desk in the room to access the electrical outlet for my laptop, it was clear the furniture had not been moved in some time to be vacuumed. Dusty, dirty and I even found someone's room old key on the floor between the leg of the desk and dresser. I'd choose elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
S8ValdostaGM, General Manager at Super 8 Valdosta/Conf Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thanks for your response!! Always looking for better ways to serve our guests! I do apologize for your discomfort during your stay. We are awaiting the word to put in all new beds, including the new Super 8 bedding package. I'm sure this will make your stay a lot more comfortable. If you are ever travelling through Valdosta, be sure to stop in and check us out!! Have a Super Day!!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I read previous reviews and I will have to say they were pretty accurate. We had an overnight stay because we had a tennis match in Valdosta the next day. The kids didn't complain but I,along with the other coach, thought the rooms could have been cleaner. In my room, the carpet was stained and the bathroom had dirt debris in the corner. The other coach complained that his room looked like it hadn't been cleaned recently. Also, he said his sheets made him itch through the night. I suggest always check out the reviews before booking a stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
S8ValdostaGM, General Manager at Super 8 Valdosta/Conf Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

I apologize that you did not find your room up to standard. We do try to get them as clean as we can, but now know that we will have to take a closer look. Thank you for your response.

Reviewed March 17, 2013