“Good service and very clean”

Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Valdosta
“Good service and very clean”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Great staff and spotless rooms made this an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank Timothy D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed February 15, 2011

Standard Hilton Garden Inn rooms with the adjustable bed and desk chair. The lobby is very nice with a full service bar and restaurant..

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed January 30, 2011

As a Hilton Diamond member, I've stayed at quite a few HGI's. This is by far the best HGI in the chain. The decorations are nicer than other Hilton Garden Inns.

Breakfast servers are quite personable (not in an overbearing, annoying way). The front desk staff seems to take the ID policy very seriously for discounted rates (ie. Government rate, AAA, etc) so be prepared to show ID. I have received inconsistently free drink coupons for the bar and am not sure why I receive them as they are not a published benefit of the HHonors program.

There is plenty of free, self parking, but it's not always close to the door. They could really use a key swipe outside the door by the elevators. Since they do not, you have to walk in by the front desk. This hotel has a GREAT business center.

While my review may not sound glowing, it is truly the best HGI in the chain. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Valdosta.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank stevenbrose
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We came to Valdosta to go to Wild Adventures. It was my teenage son and myself. I went to trip advisor and decided on this hotel according to the reviews and wants of myself and my son. The hotel staff was extremely polite. We had requested top floor. When we went to check in the room was not ready and we were offered another room on a lower floor. I replied that I specifically asked for top floor. The front desk said the only thing missing from a top floor room was the glasses. She said they could bring them up later if it was ok with me. I said ok. They bought them a few hours later. The hallway was extremely hot. I guess it was due to them trying to save some money on the cooling bill, which is understandable. We bought some drinks with us. We put them in the fridge and went out for a few hours. The drinks had not cooled at all. I called down to the front desk around 7 pm and they had someone at the door in less than 10 minutes. He promply changed out the fridge. It still never cooled to the temperature my Florida garage mini fridge cools to even on the hightest setting, but it cooled enough. Our room was clean and comfortable. The bed gave us a good night's sleep. When we went to go to the pool, it was closed because the chemical levels were not up to par according to the gentlemen I spoke to from the hotel. He apologized and was very polite about it. All in all, I like the hotel. It was very clean, well located, but the best thing about it was the staff. When we encountered any staff mambers, anywhere they always spoke and were very friendly. This hotel gets kudos from me for that alone. The staff seems to truely care. This staff is something rare in this day and age.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Beckyone
Hinesville, Georgia
Reviewed July 27, 2010

The hotel is well maintained and comfortable. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff friendly and courteous. The food at the hotel was a little expensive but great.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Naples, FL
Reviewed July 25, 2010

We arrived after 9pm while traveling through on I75 to Florida. We used Trip Advisor to check availability of rooms en route, only to find that most other similar quality (and many lesse quality) properties were fully booked due to a major event being held in town. We were initially dismayed to discover that all 4 of the available rooms were smoking rooms. However, the very friendly and accommodating desk clerk allowed us to check each of them for smell. We were surprised to find that one of them had no traces of smoke smell. We learned later that this is due to it's location on the top floor near the end of the hallway making it one of the last rooms to be occupied. The room was quite comfortable, clean, and quiet, despite it's proximity to the busy outdoor pool, the large numbers of families with young children, and facing the road. This appears to be a newer property as evidenced by the furnishings. Superior service, and they knocked $10 off the price because the room was a smoking room! Excellent experience beyond our expectations!

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank storywell
vldga, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this review, February 24, 2011
Dear Storywell,
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel and staff. We are grateful that we were able to accomodate you during your brief stay in Valdosta. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Denise Foster
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I have a phobia of inns, since I was raised going to fancy hotels, but this is no ordinary inn. We stopped here on our way to Florida for the night after driving 15 hours. We entered the room expecting something average. This is far from average. Beautiful comfortable rooms, poofy white bedding, and a flat screen TV. Not to mention the extremely clean and sculpted bathroom. At only 104 a night, it is perfect for a one night stay, and possibly a whole vacation. Enjoy your stay

PS. Free WiFi!